Alone

The room turns quiet and messy after it turned into a battlefield a while ago. No one dares to utter even a single huff. Satoru and You are both sitting on each edge of the couch while your son is in your room, probably reporting you both to his uncle Suguru.

Hikaru is sulking at you for the first time. Since the very first day you became a mother officially, you have strived the hardest to be a perfect and flawless parent in front of him. You never let Hikaru see an ugly side of you. You rarely get mad and lash out at him whenever you feel crushed and pushed to the edge. Not that you have a reason to reprimand him, Hikaru is a good child.

Suguru enters your home and is greeted by a heavy and dark atmosphere, it's more chilling than going to a haunted house. The living room is a mess, with shattered glass everywhere, and books scattered on the floor. None of you are looking at him when he stands in front of you.

"Hikaru was crying on the other line. He said you two had fought. I wasn't expecting it to become this messy." Suguru started in disappointment. "So what happened?"

The two of you remain silent, staring blankly on the floor. The sound of Hikaru's broken voice as he yells how he hates you, as well as his frustrated eyes, carve into your head, and you start tearing up again.

Satoru is still in shock with everything you have said, processing every single word you let out. The sight of you when you were falling apart actually made him feel the need to embrace you to calm you down. However, you were in the middle of your war and the two of you were opposing camp, that's what was stopping him from doing that. His heart was crushed at that very moment. The fact that he doesn't even know what to do because he has no idea what you are talking about made it even worse.

"I'm not asking you two to be okay at an instant because I understand what you two were going through but at least do not show it to the kid." Suguru is disheartened by the way you and Satoru handled the situation. "You guys are no longer in high school."

"Sugu—" Satoru is suddenly cut off by his best friend.

"Satoru, you've said enough. I already warned you not to act like a spoiled brat but you still did." Suguru is cold and Satoru knows how dangerous his best friend is when he is pissed.

He escorts Satoru out of your house but before he leaves, he goes to you and talks carefully. "Y/n, I understand where you are coming from and I know you know what you did is inexcusable. Also, I want to apologize properly for trying to act righteous and take matters into my own hands. Sending Hikaru to Satoru while you were in a coma is a mistake." He sincerely apologizes for the consequences of his mistake.

You look at him and finally speak. "I understand... you only did what you thought was right. I also apologize for being selfish and dragging you all into this..." You replied as you let the tears escape from your already tired eyes.

"Do you want me to call Utahime or do you prefer being alone at the moment?" He asks worriedly.

Satoru is waiting inside his best friend's car, ready to be scolded big time. Just when Hikaru and him are starting to act like an actual father and son, your breakdown has happened, putting his relationship with his son in danger. He wants to blame you for not thinking straight but witnessing you a while ago being fragile and an absolute wreck stopped him from doing so. Did he provoke you too much?

"Satoru, do you honestly think hurting Y/n would make your son choose you over her?" Suguru asks simply which makes Satoru shake his head, indicating no. "Then what's wrong with you starting a battle of custody against her? You continued with that stupid idea."

"I was only trying to get what's mine," Satoru replied, avoiding Suguru's gaze.

"What's yours? Hikaru is not a toy that you two can fight over recklessly."