Parenting

Twenty-four hours before he picks up Hikaru in your apartment, Satoru dedicates his rest day to cleaning his place even though it's spotless as he always makes sure to maintain it properly regardless of busy schedules. It was therapeutic after all.

Over and above, he is also preparing his second attempt to talk to you regarding your issue — something he should have believed right from the start. It is a must for him to apologize for being a dick. He regrets jumping to conclusions without trusting you and sorting things out with you.

Once again, things didn't go with his plan. You completely shut him down. It was acceptable if you just lashed out at him, however, all you give is an apology and a sign of surrender, adding to his guilt.

After shedding light on the truth, which brightened the darkness in his corrupted heart and mind, he realized this wasn't what he truly wanted. Satoru didn't mean to take Hikaru away from you with his dirty methods. Is it too late already?

Satoru was surprised when you packed every single thing Hikaru owned. These were five times more than the items Hikaru brought when he babysat him unexpectedly during your time in a coma.

According to your notes, Hikaru loves chicken meals specifically Chicken Katsu so that is what Satoru is preparing for dinner. The child is beside him as he cooks, waiting with a smile on his face.

"Hurry up Papa! It's almost dinner time!" He said while jumping excitedly.

Satoru smiles at him and asks him to wait for five minutes and everything is perfectly complete Hikaru follows, clinging to his father's long legs. 'Hikaru is so adorable.' He wonders if he acts like this while you are cooking too.

All the food is on the table, and Satoru is setting the table for the two of them. Hikaru observes his father, however, something seems wrong. He tugs his father's shirt to catch his attention which Satoru quickly complies.

"Papa, Why only two? Where is my mama's plate?"

Satoru freezes at Hikaru's sudden question. He has no idea how you explained the situation to the child so analyzing his son's clueless manner concludes that he still has no idea about what is happening. You might have made up an excuse such as vacation or something.

Not to confuse or hurt his son's feelings, Satoru has nothing to do but put a third plate for you even though he doesn't know what you told Hikaru.

The elder one starts digging for his food while Hikaru happily and carefully gets some food. However, his plate is already full. Does he need more? The food is not actually for him. Satoru watches as the little one places the chicken on the third plate which is your supposed plate.

"Mama said she has lots of work and she will come here after work." Hikaru chirps, feeling proud of himself after successfully filling your plate with his favorite chicken.

Hikaru, being an unaware and innocent child, misinterpreted the thing you said before sending him to his father. He thought it would be a typical day of you going to work and then coming home after just like before. Maybe, you make it appear to be like that. Satoru cannot blame you for giving false hope to the child. It might be cruel but he understands that it was hard for you to explain the mess he created, a circumstance Satoru forced you to go through.

Suddenly, the food is hard to swallow, however, conscience is making it easy to eat him. A happy child enjoying his food should be a warm feeling for a parent like him. Does he have a right to do so when he knows he cheated his way through it? Having rights to something does not mean you could aggressively take it away from someone.