Explosion

"Papa!"

Hikaru ran happily to his father, embracing him tightly. The two of them are smiling widely at each other, they look so identical. It is the widest smile you have ever seen from Hikaru, not even to you. Your heart sank.

"Where's Mama?" Hikaru asked his father while looking around.

Wait... you are right in front of them. Why is Hikaru looking anywhere? You called his name multiple times but your voice was never heard or maybe ignored. It took him a minute to look at your direction and finally, you smiled, thankful that your son had finally found you.

"There you are, mama!" Hikaru exclaimed joyfully, running towards you... but why did he ignore you and simply pass on you? Your smile dropped, feeling confused.

"Hikaru!"

You called his name as loud as you could until he looked at you. Hikaru's eyebrows were knitted, and his stare was cold. "Who are you?" He talked to you in annoyance.

"Hikaru let's go! I told you not to talk to strangers." A woman's voice called your son and he ran to her gladly, embracing her. "Yes, mama. I love you so much, mama!"

You watched them in horror as they walked away. The woman Hikaru referred to as Mama was none other than Satoru's fiancée, Rachel. She was giving you an evil grin. Satoru, on the other hand, looked apologetic seeing you on your knees, crying.

'Sorry.' Satoru uttered before walking slowly fading from your vision, hand in hand.

"No way. Don't leave me alone." You screamed but not even a sound was escaping. You can't hear your voice.

You wake up in the middle of the night, sweating profusely, tears pooling your eyes. Seeing your child sleeping peacefully, dreaming about desserts, calms you down a bit but not enough to overcome the anxiety building up.

All you do is cry in your living room the whole night, unable to sleep, fearing you might see that nightmare again in your sleep. Ever since Satoru introduced that fiancée of his, every single day, the same dream has appeared like torture.

With that said, you look horrible in the past few days — like an actual zombie. Every time Satoru visits his son, all you do is stare blankly with your lifeless and tired eyes. Then you had a realization, Satoru had been more gentle and less angry since the day Hikaru called him Papa. His heartstrings might have tugged by it. Maybe that day was a blessing in disguise, Satoru forgot to bug you about the custody.

They look natural being a father and son duo. Hikaru has no grasp in the sense of what makes someone a father. He still has no idea about the science behind it. All he knows is Satoru loves and cares for him that's why he is his papa. Looking at them bond cutely makes you realize, this was your dream back when you were still married to your ex-husband.

The moment you two exchanged wedding vows, looking straight into his ocean-blue eyes, you saw a future with him and your future child. The exact scene unfolds in front of you — Satoru and Hikaru. This was your ideal family, no, this is what your family is supposed to be. This view is supposed to make you happy, however, it is the opposite because of the situation. The whole fiasco years ago shouldn't have happened.

You left the living room to make some hot chocolate for three. You must be out of your mind because in all days Satoru visited, not even once, you made a drink for him. Blame your lack of sleep and tiredness.

"If you're going to poison me, at least, don't do it in front of Hikaru."

Your mind is out somewhere that you never sensed or even felt that Satoru followed you to the kitchen, watching you make an unusual and maybe unique hot chocolate.