The last episode Continued

*starts at stage kissing / dancing*

Kate's POV:

Her lips felt so soft and welcoming against mine. I could feel her temperature rising and her fingers curl into my hair. My heart was racing, this felt meant to be. The music slowed and came to a stop, the tape ejecting with a sound, jolting us out of this state of bliss. Our lips slowly parted and our heads came to rest on each other. We both took a heavy breath out and smiled cheesily. All I could utter at first was "wow." Emaline chucked and whispered softly "yeah, wow." My eyes locked into hers, "to answer your question from earlier, yes. I really REALLY like you, I always have." Emaline smiled and laid her head on my shoulder, our entire bodies caressing each other.

Emaline's POV:

This felt right, it felt like perfection, comfort, adventure, and home all in one embrace. It was all so new but felt like a path that you had walked a thousand times, every step felt natural and easy. This girl was going to unravel me and I wanted it, all of it, all of her. "LAST SONG OF THE NIGHT" the DJ's mic echoing throughout the school. I raised my head from her shoulder. "I have to get home but do you want to meet up tomorrow? We don't have to if that's too soon or if you're busy or", "YES," Kate interrupted my rambling. "I have a rain check I have to make good on anyway," she smirked. "Okay, it's a DATE." I emphasized while bringing her hand up to my lips and slowly backing away. "I'll call you tomorrow, sweetie, sweet dreams," I flirted, or tried to flirt, my game is nonexistent with this girl. I turned and skipped out the back door, I knew what or rather who I would be dreaming about.

Kate's POV:

I watched Emaline leave through the back door. I couldn't contain my excitement any more. "YES." I said to myself and punched in the air like a total dork. Tomorrow can't come soon enough. I leave the auditorium and make my way to the gym. My dad immediately sees me and tells me how great tonight was - "yeah the best night of my life." He said he could tell - that I was glowing. I was glowing because of her, because everything about myself that I had tried to wash away was becoming stronger and finally making sense. It felt like tonight I found myself in her kiss. I started to say something to dad, trying to find the right words to tell him why I was so profoundly happy when Luke and his mom suddenly interrupted. Okay, it can wait. I can tell him some other time. The only two that matter right now are me and Emaline.