Explain Yourself

THWACK

"Ow!" Leo rubbed his head. He looked up at Y/n, who had her arms crossed. "Why'd you do that?"

"We still have a big problem, mister," she frowned.

"Uh... We do?" He asked with a nervous smile.

"Yes!" She exasperated. "You lied to me. I thought we told each other everything."

He sighed. "Look, I know I should've been more honest with you. But when you look like," he gestured to himself. "It's kinda hard to tell someone about it. I... I didn't know how you would react."

"I can't lie and say I would've accepted it at first. But I would have looked past it all and seen you. The guy who I have a connection with," she smiled while taking his hands in hers.

He looked down at their hands quietly, hers looked so much smaller in his. She lifted his chin with her thumb to look at her, but he didn't meet her gaze.

"Hey," she cooed. "Baby steps, remember? We can take this one day at a time."

He finally looked back at her and felt himself melt a little at her smile. He returned her smile with one of his own.

"Okay, right. Baby steps," he nodded, and she pulled him into a hug. He hugged back, a weight lifted off his shoulders.

"Now," she pulled away and sat on the ground and gestured for him to do the same. After a little struggle, he managed to sit down. "Tell me everything."

"Everything?"

She smiled. "Everything."

The front door opened, and Casey plopped down next to Mikey, who was busy playing with a random yo-yo he found.

"Whatcha doin'?" He asked.

"Waiting for Raph to come back so I can go on patrol," Mikey boredly responds.

"He's still making you guys go on those patrols?"

"Yup."

"Geez, it's only a girl. I highly doubt she's gonna be able to do anything," Casey commented, placing his hands behind his head.

"Apparently, she tried to shoot him in the foot," Mikey replied, performing a trick with the yo-yo.

"Wait, seriously!?" His eyes went wide. "I've been not even five feet away from that girl! She could've shot me!"

"Raph was a big baby about it," Mikey chuckled. "He came running back, whining that his life was in danger."

"Says the one who got scared by Bigfoot."

"Raph!" Casey happily called out.

"Dude, where have you been? You were supposed to be back half an hour ago!" Mikey said, getting up and walking over to his older brother.

"Eh, I got busy," Raph shrugged. "Also, don't worry about going patrol, our problem's been taken care of."

Mikey and Casey shared a look of confusion as Raph walked up the porch steps.

"You totally killed her, didn't you?" Mikey asked skeptically.

"What? No! You numbskull." Raph bonked Mikey on the head with his fist.

"Ow!" Mikey whimpered as he rubbed his sore head. "Did you run into Leo?"

"Yeah, he's still in the woods. He should be back later," Raph casually waved off, and Mikey grabbed him.

"You left him alone!? Dude, you know his leg is hella messed up! What if he runs into trouble or something?"

"Relax," He sighed, looking over Mikey's head and saw Leo's figure coming through the trees. "Look, he's back now..." He trailed off, seeing Leo leaning up against Y/n.