Chapter 1

September 4th, 2023

Jayden's Pov

     I know it isn't safe, but I couldn't miss it. It's Nala's 42nd birthday. Yea...It's been a couple of years. I've been seeing so much about her new album and Blue, but I couldn't risk going back. But here I am, sneaking into SoFi stadium to see my family. 

     I squeezed through the crowds of people and made it to the ticket gates. I waited in line for the south entrance and watched the guards scan people's phones as I waited my turn. The man scanning the tickets looked tired like he'd been working all weekend non-stop. I kind of feel bad for what I'm about to do. 

     "Ticket please," He smiled with enthusiasm faker than Kim K's body. I hope he gets a break soon. I opened my phone and held it up to him. As the drained man leaned over to get a closer look I began to whisper so that only we could hear it. 

     "You will let me into the concert for free and not ask any questions," I whispered while looking him in the eyes. "Oh, and after this you will take a two week break because you deserve it," 

     The worker leaned back and gestured for me to go into the stadium. Thank God that worked, I didn't know if the practice was actually helping me make progress. I walked through the gates and through the first set of doors. I have no clue where I'm going, but I do know I'm gonna get there. I wandered through the sea of people until I ended up in the arena. Now we're talkin. I walked until I entered into what I assumed was Club Renaissance. Honeybee did her thing with this one right here. I walked over to the bar and ordered a ginger ale, just something simple. I maneuvered my way to the closest to the stage that I could be and began my wait. 

---

     Woah. 

     Seeing Nala rise out of the stage is magical. Seeing her again after three years is even more magical. What a way to make an entrance back into my life. 

     "I love y'all," She spoke into the mic. 

     I haven't heard those words come out of her mouth in so long. It's been so long it brought tears to my eyes. Even though I know she's speaking to her millions of fans, it feels so personal. It feels so long ago when she used to whisper I love yous to me before we fell asleep, so long ago when I could still feel her. Physically and emotionally. When I died, I felt our connection die. She doesn't know that I'm back, that I'm alive...kinda. 

     I stood there, watching and listening in awe of my mate. I never truly got to experience the Beyonce that the world knows, I only experienced Nala. It was beautiful watching how her fans sang with her and how everybody was silent when she told them to mute. Everybody actually did it. It was nice seeing her from her fans' point of view. Like I never knew how much influence my Honeybee had, it's so fucking cool. When she sang Flaws and All, I don't know why she was gesturing to her self because she has no flaws. All of her "flaws" are the things that make her human, well werewolf I guess I should say. I listened as sang her openers, and then she disappeared. 

     "Please do not be alarmed remain calm," A metallic voice announced over the speakers. There's no way. "Please do not attempt to leave the dance floor," Did she really? "The dj is conducting a troubleshoot test of the entire system," She's playing my song. 

     "I'd like to dedicate this song to the moon to my sun...I miss you Jayden," She voiced before she began to sing. My song. She's singing the song that I wrote, that WE wrote together. After all these years. 

     "I'm one of one, I'm number one, I'm the only one," She started. 

     "Don't even waste your time trying to compete with me, nobody else in this world can think like me," I sang. 

     "No one else in this world can think like me," She sang. 

     "I'm twisted," They don't even know. "I'll contradicted,"

     "Keep her addicted, lies on her lips, I lick it"

     "UNIQUE," We sang. 

     We sang and it felt like that night in the studio when we made it. When Workyonce was adding audios to the track while I was in the booth making adlibs. That night feels like galaxies away since so much has happened. It's so fulfilling hearing her sing our song, It strengthens my faint heartbeat. I sang with her and danced until I heard another familiar beat. Our second song? She's singing both of the songs we produced that night? Wow. 

      I watched as Nala sand and danced and vogued. She truly knows how to put on a show. During specific songs, I could see her doing choreography that I had taught her. At one song, I think it was my power, she did the choreography that she taught me! Then everybody started cheering as somebody came out of the floor. 

     "Smallz?" I whispered awestruck. She had grown so much, I can't even call her Smallz because she's taller than me. She dances so well now, It looks like our little classes in the studio paid off. She danced for three whole songs and even lead the dancers! She's grown so much. 

    ~

     "I'd like to say thank you to me wonderful crew, everybody on stage and behind the scenes," Nala announced while on the horse. "And my dancers, especially my baby Blue," She floated over the stage on the horse and scanned the crowd. "I love you all, thank you for making my birthday magical," The horse floated over my section and began to lower. "I love you deep,"

     "I love you too Honeybee," I whispered as she dismounted the horse. 

     She scanned the crowd and waved until she looked near me. I looked at her and we made eye contact. I heard her breath hitch as she quickly turned away to keep going. I noticed as she exited the stage she pointed in my direction and whispered something to a man in a black suit. Well shit. I pulled my hood over my head and kept my head down as I tried to sneak away. I stumbled through the crowd as I made it to the exit of Club Renaissance. I turned to the left and ran into something, actually someone. 

     "I'm going to need you to come with me Jayden Knowles," The man sharply instructed. I've been caught. 

     I opened my mouth to compel him, but then I stopped. Maybe it's time I stopped avoiding my family and face them. I've been running for three years now, It's time. I kept my head down as the man in the suit walked us through oceans of people until we made it to the back. I fought hard to keep my face stoic as the man took us down back hallways until we entered a room. I stared at the ground until I heard her voice. 

     "Jayden?"

      I looked up to see Honeybee staring at me with wide eyes. I could see her fighting the tears that brimmed her eyes. I glanced around the room to see my whole family. Mama T, Smallz, Solo, Kelly, Chelle, Chloe and Halle, and the twins. I missed them all so much, they've grown so much. I looked to see Blue staring at me with tears staining her cheeks. 

     "Happy Birthday Pretty Girl," 

Authors Note

Hey Yawl...

Our Secret is gonna be different, especially since I'm a different person then I was when I started Her Secret. It's finally here guys. Oh and author's notes are gonna be ALOT shorter now.

Comment!! I love hearing your guys' thoughts and opinions! They really make my day. And besides, they may influence how the story goes. It's happened once and it may happen again.....

Stay fresh cheesebags <3