Chapter Fourteen

It was nearly six o'clock before Oliver finally woke up. All throughout his "nap" he had been coughing, but hadn't truly been awake. Felicity spun her chair around as she heard her name muttered from behind her.

"Felicity?"

"Oh, Oliver, you're awake? Well, of course you're awake, you're talking, I mean. Unless you're sleep-talking which you don't do. Well, I guess you could, but I wouldn't- I should probably stop now." After a second of awkward silence, Felicity began again. "How are you feeling?"

Oliver was still trying to take in everything she said, his mind only half-awake. "Uh, fine. When did you get here."

"I've been here for a couple hours."

"What time is it?" He asked, glancing around for the clock.

"Um, it's about 5:50."

"What? Damn it, Felicity, why didn't you wake me up earlier? I have an event tonight and I-"

"Oliver! You are sick! You need to rest or you aren't going to get better."

"Yeah? Well my mother" sneeze "is going to" sneeze "literally kill" sneeze "kill me if" sneeze "if I don't get-" sneeze "What the hell?" He shouted before sneezing again . . . and again. "I think I need some fresh air," Oliver tried to talk through the sneezing, grabbing a handful of tissues and heading out the door.

Felicity followed after him, not knowing what else she should do. He really needed to stay home. If he couldn't even carry out a sentence without sneezing, then he was in no way fit to go to an event.

Once he got outside, the sneezing subsided, but the congestion in his sinuses added to the swollen-ness of his throat was making it painful to breathe. He blew his nose, trying to clear the stuffiness, but with no luck.

"Oliver, you can't go to a party like this. Not even considering that you look like you just rose from the dead, you obviously feel horrible. No, don't interrupt me, I'm talking. I can't stop you from going to the dinner, but Oliver, you can't get better until you rest."

"I just slept for like nine hours! Anyway I told my mother I would be there, I will be there. End of discussion. Where's my car?"

"Diggle left with it hours ago. I'll drive you home."

Oliver sniffed a couple times, letting scratchy breaths out from his mouth. "Whatever, just get me home. I'm late," he shouted, irritated.

Felicity swallowed her anger, knowing that she would be just as snappy if she were sick.