Chapter Four

Chapter Four

It's been a week since I had the intervention with my father and I can't look at him the same way. He didn't believe me and it seems like he never will.

   Why won't he just believe me? Sage is so fake, it's so clear, why can't he just see it?

   I shouldn't be asking myself why though, I already know the answer.

   He's so lovestruck by her, anything Sage does, Father just becomes more and more in love with her. I bet when she kills me, he'll still be in love with her.

♡♡♡♡

Right now, Father, Sage, William, and I are all eating breakfast together in the dining room. The three of them talk but I'm silent. I refuse to talk if I'm just going to be ignored.

   This week I've just felt invisible and I hate it.

   "Snow, sweetie, Sage asked you a question," Father says and pulls me away from my thoughts.

   "Sorry, what?" I ask as monotonal as I possibly can.

   "I just asked if you were excited about Princess Amelia's birthday party tonight. I can help you get ready for it if you'd like," my stepmother suggests with a smile.

   The grin she wears is so fake, so artificial. I hate it.

   "Snow would love that, wouldn't you, sweetie?" Father says and asks me.

   "Sure," I whisper and it takes everything in me not to roll my eyes.

   "What has gotten into you lately? Why do you have such an attitude, young lady?" my father asks me and slams his coffee mug on the table, letting the dark liquid drip all over the place.

   I take a moment to really think about his question.

   What has gotten into me lately?

   I've been lying, rolling my eyes, getting drunk, kissing my ex-boyfriend, and getting angry. I used to be kind and compassionate, I always made sure to show it.

   Looking across the table, I see the woman just six years older than me, smiling an evil smile and wearing a long black dress. Her. I've been acting differently because of her. The day she came into my life was the day I started to act up.

   Right now I have a choice to make. I can continue to act up and lash out at my father. I could tell him that Sage was making me go crazy. My other option is to be the old Snow. I can put a smile on my face and be as sweet as I used to be.

   "I'm sorry Father for acting so crazy lately. I don't know what's gotten into me and I'm sorry." I apologize with a fake smile on my face, just like the one on my stepmother's. "And Sage, I'd love for you to help me get ready for the party. I'm so glad I have you here to do that!"

   "Snow, it's okay. We just miss the old princess that we know and love," Father says with a smile.

♡♡♡♡

"Now that we have this gorgeous dress on you, it's time for your hair!" Sage says and sits me down in front of my vanity.

   "Okay," I fake a smile and just let her do what she wants.

   Sage picked out an ugly black dress for me to wear. It's decorated with lace and crow feathers. The thing is ugly, itchy, and annoying, I hate it so much. But if I want to be on good terms with everyone, I need to just wear it and smile.