Chapter Six

Chapter Six

It's been three days since Princess Amelia's birthday party and as each day goes by, I'm more and more infuriated with Sage.

   Seeing her with King John didn't shock me, it just made me angry. Sage is a cheater and a homewrecker.

   How could she be so cruel?

   She's ruining so many lives, it's completely absurd. And what's even more absurd is that I'm the only one who sees it.

   I'm still a little upset at Penelope for not listening to me the other day, but with her pretty smile and crazy jokes, it's hard to stay mad at her for long.

   "I need to talk to my mom, she has to train me on some new protocols that Sage has created for us maids," Penelope says to me. "Do you think you can get ready on your own today?"

   "I'll be okay," I laugh and shoo her away.

   Sage has only been the queen for a few weeks now and she's already taking so much control here. It's just another thing to add to my list of reasons why I despise her.

   Laying on my bed is a dress Penelope picked out for me. I don't know why she did, it's black with lace and it reminds me of something Sage would wear.

   I shrug it off, undress myself, and start to put it on. There's a zipper in the back and the second I zip it to the top, I feel the dress getting tighter and tighter on my body. The dress is starting to choke me and I can't breathe.

   I try to call out for help but I can't even move my mouth. The dress is getting smaller and my body is staying the same. My blood circulation is cutting off and I can't move a muscle. I'm trying to grab the zipper but I can't.

   Once the dress completely cuts off my blood circulation, I feel myself fall to the floor and I lay there, struggling to breathe. I wish someone was here to help me, but no one notices until it's too late to do anything.

♡♡♡♡

"Wake up! Wake up! Please don't die. Please, Snow. I need you. You're the best sister ever," I hear as I'm being shaken awake.

   My green eyes flutter open to see William staring at me with tears in his eyes.

   "Thank goodness you're alive. Snow, I thought I lost you," my brother says and helps me up and out of the horrible dress.

   "What the hell happened to you? I was checking to see if you wanted to go horseback riding or something and then I see you practically dead on the floor!" my brother says frantically.

   A black dress that nearly killed me has Sage's name written all over it.

   "Our awful stepmother. That's what happened," I say coldly and change into a new dress.

   Once I'm fully dressed, I storm over to the room next to mine. I've had enough of Sage's shenanigans and I'm done letting her get away with all of them.

   I don't bother to knock, I open the door widely and see her with just a bra on, kissing all over a random man's chest.

   "Snow! Get the hell out of here!" my stepmother yells from her bed.

   "No, Sage. I'm not going to leave. We need to talk and we need to do it now," I demand.

   "You little bitch," she says under her breath. "I'm the queen around here, you're just the princess. You don't get to make orders."