Chapter Two

Chapter Two

My father and Sage have decided to go with an outdoor wedding, and everything has been decorated so nicely. Thousands of chairs are placed neatly and have created a makeshift aisle for Sage to walk down.

   All of my doubts about Father marrying Sage have gone away now that I've seen the beautiful decor. Many flowers of all sorts are scattered around and decorated across chairs. When I looked closely at the flower arrangements, I almost didn't notice all the roses. They're so tiny, but it's a small detail that comes across as big and meaningful.

   Janet quickly shoved William and me to the front row so we could get a perfect view of our father and Sage making the ultimate commitment to their love.

   As William and I sit down, we look back and see thousands of other guests shuffle into their seats, excited for the wedding. Citizens of our kingdom, royalty from the other kingdoms, and everyone else all smile as they sit down.

   My father walks down the aisle with his big green eyes lit up. He also wears a smile that glistens in the sunlight. I know he's happy and it makes me happy. Father deserves love after everything he went through with my mother's sickness, I can't help but smile right now.

   Once he makes his way down the aisle, the officiant of the wedding begins to speak. "Everyone, please rise for Princess Sage."

   We obey his orders and stand.

   Coming from the back of the aisle is my future stepmother and goodness is she as gorgeous as ever.

   Sage is wearing a beautiful floor-length white gown with lace edging all over. The pretty floral embroidered tulle that matches the flower decorations, is the perfect detail to the dress. As she walks up right next to my father, I see delicate fabric-covered buttons down the back that show off her glowing skin. Sage's hair is up in an intricate bun, but I can't see it too well since her long veil is covering the top of her head.

   As she reaches my father and greets him with a smile, we as an audience all sit down.

   "Good people of the White Kingdom," the officiant starts. "We are all gathered here today to witness a beautiful celebration of love. King Nicholas has been lucky enough to cross paths with Oz's princess Sage, and today they will take their love to the next step."

   From the corner of my eye, I can see my brother smile and I copy him. I can't help but smile. I don't know if it's the flowers, or Sage's dress, but everything about this wedding just seems perfect.

♡♡♡♡

The officiant goes on to say a few things but I tune them out. My mind is focused on my father, dressed well in his red tunic, golden sash, and huge crown. He looks so happy, holding Sage's hand.

   "Now, time for the vows. King Nicholas, go ahead," the officiant says.

   "My dear Sage, from the moment we met, I knew you'd be the next queen of my kingdom. From your beautiful smile to the way you talk, everything about you is just so mesmerizing, I knew I had to make you mine," Father says.

   I take a moment to process what he's said and I stop and think about it. It's weird hearing that my father saw Sage, who's only a few years older than me, and romantically wanted to be with her.

   "When I told everyone about you, they never believed we'd really fall in love. But here we are today, about to wed. Sage, when I am with you, everything else fades into the background. You flood my senses with joy. You are my life, my greatest gift. I am so lucky that I'll be able to call you my loving wife," my father smiles.