Chapter Five

Chapter Five

"I'm ready to head to the Charming Kingdom!" I shout as I come downstairs to Father, Sage, and William all in their best outfits, about to head out to our carriage.

   As my stepmother sees me walking towards them, her face falls for just a second, then she grins evilly. It's as fake as always and I'm the only one who can tell.

   "Oh, Snow! You look beautiful!" Father says.

   After ripping off the ugly black gown Sage made me put on, I changed into a dark green gown. The shade is sage green and I love the irony. It matches my green eyes and is a stab at my stepmother.

   I left my hair down since Penelope and I got into a fight, but I think it looks good enough.

   "Thanks, Father. Are we ready to go celebrate at Princess Amelia's birthday party?" I ask cheerfully.

   Everyone nods and the two boys walk ahead. Sage grabs me by my dress and pulls me close to her. My body starts to tremble and the nerves inside of me shake.

   "What happened to the black gown?" she asks with an evil look in her brown eyes.

   "I, um, changed. The black clashed too much with my hair," I whisper while my body shakes.

   "Oh," is all Sage says then lets go of me.

   The second her hands are off of me, I quickly walk towards my father and brother without looking back at her.

   She could've done anything at that moment but she didn't so now I have to fear for what she might do the next time we're alone.

♡♡♡♡

Once the four of us are off in the carriage, I sit opposite Sage and hide my emotions from her with a plain face. Seeing her resting her head on my father's shoulder makes me fearful, angry, and disgusted all at the same time.

   Not knowing what she has planned makes me so anxious, I hate that she could be planning to kill everyone in my family and take control of our kingdom.

   I just sit across from her and stare out the window into the moon and the spotlight on the lake that lies in our kingdom.

   The Charmings love a late-night party and of course, it's already dark and the celebration hasn't even started yet.

♡♡♡♡

After the long and fearful carriage ride, the four of us have finally arrived and the second I step out of the carriage, I head into the ballroom and hide myself from Sage.

   The beautiful blonde birthday girl, Amelia, is sitting at a table enjoying cake and smiling. She's sitting next to the Beauty Kingdom's eldest prince, Finn, and they're laughing together.

   I go over to them and hug the princess.

   "Happy birthday Amelia! You look beautiful!" I say.

   "Thank you, Snow, you look pretty yourself. Asher's been waiting for you," she winks.

   I take in a deep breath.

   Amelia's been our biggest supporter when it came to my relationship with her brother, and I don't want to be the bearer of bad news so I don't tell her that we're over for good.

   "Where is he?" I ask so I know to avoid that direction.

   The princess points to the dance floor and that's when I see him. Asher's with another girl, probably the daughter of a lord or lady, and he seems to be having fun. I smile, thankfully knowing that he's moved on.