Chapter 81-90

Chapter 81 Post-disaster Situation

  The fire burned for more than ten minutes. Until Song Dai stopped, there was no more planarian on the water.

  Chi Lu opened her mouth wide, and just watching the scene of Song Dai setting W City on fire, for some reason, her heart surged inexplicably.

  Suddenly, someone shouted: "Be careful, the wave is coming!"

  Backwash refers to the backflow phenomenon caused by floods and waves after they wash up on the coast and are blocked by things at higher altitudes. City W happens to be surrounded by mountains. If these flood waves cannot rush through the nearby mountains, the waves will turn back and surge in the direction in which they came from.

  Although the power of the returning wave is generally not as strong as the impact of the first round of floods, its power should not be underestimated.

  "Hurry and hide in the corner and grab whatever you can around." Song Dai said.

  The high-rise building they are currently in is a skyscraper in W city. The main body of the building is solid, and because of its higher floors, it has not only withstood the erosion of the flood, but also has 5 or 6 floors exposed on the water.

  When everyone heard Song Dai's words, they squatted in the corner with their heads in their hands.

  The wave of the back wave this time was not high, only more than two meters. Because it was mixed with sediment, the water surface was turbid. When the wave hit the skyscraper, the building shook slightly, but there was no obvious tilt.

  "Which construction company built this building? The quality is so good that W City has almost turned into a vast ocean, but this building is still standing." After the waves passed, someone stood up and sighed.

  "This is not the only building. Look, there are two or three buildings over there that are still standing." Chi Lu pointed to the distance: "In fact, most of the buildings were not washed away, but were submerged to the point of water. Come on, look how much the water has risen now? Skyscrapers are flooded and only five or six floors are left. I guess the water level is over 200 and close to 300 meters, right?"

  "How long will it take for such a deep flood to recede?"

  Jin Luobai stood on the edge of the roof, looking at the turbid flood water that was constantly washing away the walls of the skyscraper, as if he was deep in thought.

  "What's wrong?" Song Dai asked.

  "I think the water level may never recede." Jin Luobai stared at the water: "Do you remember what I told you before? All coastal cities have been swallowed up by the sea and are eroding inland. "

  Song Dai nodded: "I remember. You also said that you sent people to monitor the water level."

  "None of those people have come back. I believe in their loyalty." Jin Luobai's eyes were cold.

  "So you think they're dead?"

  "Yes. Maybe the sea level rose so suddenly that they had no time to evacuate." The cold wind on the roof blew Jin Luobai's messy hair on his forehead. He looked at Song Dai, his eyes darkening: "Song Dai, maybe the entire northern hemisphere, no, maybe most of the entire earth was submerged. This is a mass extinction of the human species."

  Song Dai also vaguely guessed this situation, otherwise she really couldn't explain how the huge flood could flood the entire W city without a super heavy rain.

  But when she really heard Jin Luobai say this conclusion, she felt a little heavy. There are billions of people on the entire earth. How many people will survive in the end?