First Storm

Suri's POV

Mum looks up at the sky and frowns. I follow her lead and frown in confusion. Why is the sky suddenly grey? It was blue earlier. And where is the sun? "Mum" I say nervously.

"It's ok Suri" she assures me. "I think we've done enough exploring for one day, lets find your brother and return to the den" she states. I nod my head.

"He, with Thumper" I tell her and she nods her head.

(With Bambi) Third Persons POV

Thumper and Bambi are exploring the forest together. Not far from Suri and Bambi's mother. When they hear a clap of thunder and see lighting flash across the sky. Startling them. "I think, I better go home now" Thumper tells Bambi and hops away. Bambi starts to search for his mother and sister slowly. Until he hears another clap of thunder and runs scared.

Suri's POV

"Mum!" I hear Bambi shout sounding scared. Mum and I follow his voice. We find him and she licks his head reassuringly.

"Come children" she tells us and starts to head back to the thicket. Our den. We follow close behind, sticking together. We arrive safely and lay down together. As the loud banging continues.

"Mum, what sound?" I ask as Bambi yawns.

"Thunder, don't worry it will pass" she assures me as Bambi lays his head down to sleep. I lay my head by mum's. We soon drift off into a light sleep. Which doesn't last long as I hear something dripping. It wakes Bambi and I. We look at a leaf to see water dropping onto it in small drops.

Bambi sticks his nose out and a drop falls on it. He shakes his head pulling it back. We look up at the sky in wonder as more drops appear. We try to keep track of each drop, but there is soon to many for us to keep track of. I look at mum to see her stirring before looking back at Bambi. To see him watching the other animals curious as they try to escape the falling water.

"♪ Drip, drip, drop Little April shower

♪ Beating a tune As you fall all around

♪ Drip, drip, drop Little April shower

♪ What can compare With your beautiful sound?

♪ Beautiful sound Beautiful sound

♪ Drip, drop Drip, drop

♪ Drip, drip, drop When the sky is cloudy

♪ Your pretty music Can brighten the day

♪ Drip, drip, drop When the sky is cloudy

♪ You come along with a song right away

♪ Come with your beautiful music

♪ Drip, drip, drop Little April shower

♪ Beating a tune As you fall all around

♪ Drip, drip, drop Little April shower

♪ What can compare With your beautiful sound?

♪ Drip, drip, drop When the sky is cloudy

♪ You come along With your pretty little song

♪ Drip, drip, drop When the sky is cloudy

♪ You come along With your pretty little song

♪ Gay little roundelay ♪ Gay little roundelay

♪ Song of the rainy day ♪ Song of the rainy day

♪ How I love to hear your patter Pretty little pitter-patter.

♪ Helter skelter, when you pelter Your troubles always seem to scatter

♪ Drip, drip, drop Little April shower

♪ Beating a sound as you fall all around

♪ Drip, drip, drop Little April shower

♪ Little April shower ♪ With your beautiful sound

♪ Drip, drip, drop Little April shower

♪ Beating a tune As you fall all around

♪ Drip, drip, drop Little April shower

♪ What can compare With your beautiful sound?

♪ Beautiful sound Beautiful ♪" the animal sing. It lulls Bambi and I back to sleep. As mum watches over us.

Suddenly a loud clap of thunder wakes Bambi and I. I see light flash across the sky. I handle into mum who is calm. While Bambi looks around frantically trying to find the source of the sound. He tries to hide under mum to block out the sound and I giggle. If mum isn't worried, then I'm not worried. Though I wish it'd stop and let me sleep.

Mum nuzzles Bambi reassuringly. But he is still scared. We watched the storm, but all soon became tired and fell asleep. Huddling together for warmth. As the storm rages on, though less ferociously then before.

A/N

Video above of the song.