3

"Annyeong" (hello), he flashed his boxy smile and waved.

Josephine got to her feet with a frown. "Who are you?", she asked sternly. "Captain Kim at your service ", he looked down at her. "Captain?", she whispered with furrowed brows. "How were you given such a title with zero manners?", she questioned. Taehyung tilt his head , staring down at her before grinning again. "Wish I knew", his response and childish tone was pissing her off. It wasn't even 5 minutes that they had met and he was already number one on her list of annoying people. "Captain", Chief Huntley stood and walked around the desk. "Chief", taehyung extend his hand, which Sage shook. "The lapd is proud to have you here", he said with a smile. Taehyung gave a nod before releasing his hand. "Captain Kim , this is Commander Huntley. Your partner ". Taehyung extend his hand to her. Josephine held her hands behind her back. The chiefs eyes bouncing between them both. He knew his daughter was a tough one to crack. Taehyung dropped his hand after being rejected. "Can't wait to work with you", he smiled. Josephine was tired of seeing him flash his teeth.

He had no manners and he was unapologetic about it.

"Commander, the captain will stay in your care until he's settled".

Her eyes shift to her father. "Why? He can live in the quarters", she suggest. "If there was a spot available , I wouldn't have to ask you to give him a roof", he placed a hand on her tense shoulder. "It'll be well. You two can bond and discuss cases after hours ", he smiled. Josephine wanted to curse her father. But as her boss , she was defeated. Her gaze shift to taehyung who was still smiling. "Dismissed ", he said as he walked back to his desk. Taehyung followed Josephine down the hallway. "Never thought I'd be working for the lapd", he glanced around. "It's smaller than the NYPD -", he grunt as she shoved him against the wall, fist clutching his collar. Taehyung stared down into her blazing eyes. "You are an annoying fuck. Do not think that we are friends. I have no choice but to take you under my wing. If you get in my way- I will make you disappear ", she threatened. The fact that taehyung smiled after her threat , only made her dislike him more. He had no fear for her. "Okay boss", he smiled. Josephine released his shirt and walked away. "I didn't get your name", he followed into her office. "There is no need for that", she frowned and packed her briefcase.

"I'm Taehyung by the way", he paced around her office. "I don't recall asking ", she muttered. "Partners need to know each other. There's a level of trust we have to develop ", he halt infront of the framed awards. "Huntley? You're the chiefs daughter?", he looked over his shoulder. She looked nothing like that gray old man. "Josephine Huntley ", he read her name. "Can you wait outside for me", she snapped. "Sure thing Josie ", he grinned and walked out. Josephine balled her fists. Having an immature partner was the last thing she needed.

Why were they punishing her...

-
20 : 12

She flipped on the lights as they entered her quiet apartment. Taehyung rolled in his suitcase, glancing around the place. It was so - dull. "You can have the room on the left. It's probably dusty and whatever but that's your own problem to solve", she tossed the keys onto the counter. "Sure. Thanks Josie ", he smiled. "It's Josephine and Commander at work", she frowned. "Yeah. Crime awaits us tomorrow, josie", he waved and dragged his suitcase along. "Goodnight ", he called out before disappearing into the bedroom.

She wanted to pull her hair out. Removing her shoes and blazer, she fell onto the couch, scanning through her phone. All of the texts where from her mother, reminding her that tomorrow was Friday. Every Friday was supper with her parents at their place. She looked forward to those suppers. No barriers - just a happy family.
Placing her phone against her chest, she stared up at the ceiling. Tomorrow was a new day, she had more hours to trap McGregor.