8

-

-

After 3 days of questioning Frank Lawrence. The man refused to crack. Lapd was forced to release him from their custody. They had to solid evidence against him.

Like always, after the winter - they host a charity event for orphanages and old age homes. They had been doing so for the past 17 years. It was a chilled Friday evening.

"This is my wife , Samantha ".

Josephine watched her father proudly introduce his wife to new officers and rich folks that had joined. Most of them were millionaires. She had been to herself all evening. Sipping wine and sitting on a bench in the garden. The other officers were chatting and laughing. They were having fun. She couldn't help but feel odd. As if she didn't fit in. If she had to walk up to any laughing group, they'd probably stop out of respect. They wouldn't behave that way with her.

Not as if she cared...

She tipped her head back and downed her wine. She only tagged along because of her parents - and because she was the Commander. Her mind kept drifting to Frank. She knew he was up to no good with McGregor. He just wouldn't admit to it and that pissed her off.

"Hey".

She looked up at taehyung. "I'm enjoying my alone time", she rolled her eyes. "I could tell", he smiled and sat beside her. "What do you want?", she kept her gaze on him. "I don't want anything. Just keeping you company", he smiled. "Don't do that. Don't fucking smile at me", she frowned. "I know you're here for credit. You want me to say well done for arresting frank and causing a scene at the club. Well, frank gave us nothing . So I don't owe you shit", she scoffed. Taehyung blinked before chuckling. "What's funny?", she furrowed her brows. "I'm not here for credit. I just thought you looked lonely", he couldn't hold back the smile as she scrunched her nose. "You're a prick", she whispered. "You look good without uniform ", he compliment. "You've seen me in my underwear ", she snapped. They both lift their eyes to Seth who awkwardly cleared his throat. "Lieutenant ", taehyung chimed while Josephine pinched the bridge of her nose. He had heard what she blurt.