27

Anastasia's pov:

Only 7 days had passed since Taehyungs heart stopped.

Swinging my legs back and forth from the kitchen stool, pen between my teeth — I lift my gaze from the book to him.

Brows furrowed, hair tousled, bandage draped around his waist, slacks hanging from his slim figure. He was pacing around, on a call with someone from the station. I couldn't understand how this man was brought back from the dead and dove right back into work when he was discharged from the hospital 2 days ago. His mother and joon visit every day since the incident. Seth was also okay — I was glad they were fine.

As for his partner, Josephine — after I had slapped her , she never came back to the hospital to check in on Taehyung. I could have lost my husband because of her selfish decisions.

"Keep me updated. I'll be back at the station on Friday ", he said and hung up — why was he returning to work so soon ? I hated it but wasn't going to question him. "What are you doing , beautiful wife?", he gave a smile as he paced to where I sat. "Oh? Still trying to figure out which flowers to order?", he asked while hovering over my book. "Rose's or violets ?", I ask. "Rose's are so common. I think violets will be perfect", he leaned in and gave my head a kiss. "What about your dress? ", he asked while scanning through the tiny guest list I put together. "I will go with your mother", I answer.

He was serious about having another wedding. So here we were — planning a little ceremony. Just us, family and close friends. We did not need something extravagant or fancy— marrying him again was more than enough. "Looks like you have everything covered. Can I help with anything?", he shift his gaze to my face. "Can you go back to work next week?", I whisper. "Next week? I have something urgent to attend too ,baby. Besides,  I am okay", he stroked my head. "Taehyung, I almost lost you", I furrow my brows. "Can you not do this one thing for me? I am begging you". He lowered his gaze before lifting me off the stool and onto the counter. "Tae", I whine. "Ana, I am okay ", he clasped my rosy cheeks in his warm palms. "I know you were scared , baby. I am sorry for instilling that fear in you", he whispered.

"But, this is my job. What happened last week, should never happen again. We need to stop blacksmith. I can not sit here and pretend that he did not almost kill the lieutenant and my partner ".

"I am your partner!", I snap.

"Yes, this is your job and I understand. But taehyung there are bigger things than catching some bad guy ", I frown. "Like what, Ana?", he tilt his head. "Give me one thing that is more important to a Captain of the police force". We just stare at each other— his question was not that deep and I had several answers to smack him with , but I choose to remain silent. "Baby", he sighed. "I love you more than anything in the world. You know that I will risk everything for you", he stroked my cheek with his thumbs. "You have no idea how refreshing it is for me to catch assholes. Going from the villain to the captain of the force has changed me as a person. I want to be a good man to you, baby", he was so sincere with his words. I hated how he expressed himself — I always fell for those doe eyes and honey words.

"I need to go back to work. My wound is healing just fine". I just give a nod and lower my gaze to the bandage — god knows I was so afraid of losing him. "Hey", he stroked my cheek. I hadn't realized I was crying until he leaned in to kiss my quivering lips. "I am here ,baby", he whispered. "I'm not going anywhere ", he promised. "Tae", I sniffle and wrap my arms around him— he pulled me closer until our bodies were one. "I am here", he hugged me tightly. "There is nothing to be afraid of anymore. I know you were scared and felt alone and I am sorry for putting you through that misery all over again".