7

With the days dragging by. Time ticked slower. Josephine had shut down a bar that was in connection with McGregor. She had stationed officers to patrol outside the larger schools. She was making big efforts to get McGregor to come out from the shadows.

Taehyung on the other hand, stayed out of her way. They hadn't been speaking much. He handled cases given to him by the chief.

-

"Coffee", Seth smiled as he placed down the cup on her desk. Taehyung sat on the couch, filing reports. "Lieutenant. If I want something, I'd ask. Stop bringing me coffee in an attempt to move pass work colleagues ", she was so blunt that it hurt. Taehyung lift his eyes to Seth who was too embarrassed to even flinch.

"Lieutenant. I'll have it", he chimed. Seth breathed and gave taehyung a smile as he hand him the cup. "It's hot", Seth whispered. "It's fine. Thank you", taehyung smiled. "Is there anything else that you need , Commander?", he asked Josephine who shook her head and dismissed him. Taehyung had to admit, he felt alittle bad for the poor guy. He was trying way too hard. "Reports are all in order, Commander ", tae stood. Her eyes watch him leave them on the desk. "Do you need anything else?", he asked. "No captain ", she answered. She was surprised to hear him call her captain. They'd been working together for almost 2 weeks and this would be the first he called her Commander.

"Commander. Captain - the chief said to report to his office ", Seth informed from outside.

-

"As requested - the two of you are no longer partners", the chief said as his eyes bounced from Josephine to taehyung. "Captain, I selected officer Kate to be at your side . She is still a rookie, so train her along the way", he instruct. Taehyung gave a nod. "Commander, you're going to fly solo until I find you a suitable partner", his words made her heart burst with joy. She had been waiting for this moment. Being without a partner meant she was capable of dealing with hard tasks alone.

"Now, I don't want bad blood. Shake hands ", he gestured. Taehyung extend his hand and without hesitation she shook it. "It was a pleasure working with you, Commander ". She just nod her head. It was definitely not a pleasure working with him. "Commander, you're dismiss. Captain, we need to speak". Josephine left the office and taehyung held his hands behind his back. "I couldn't talk her out of it", the chief explained. "There was no need to , sir. I understand that she works differently than me. She was right, we can't compatible and I slow her down", taehyung shared. The chief let out a sigh, "I feel that the partnership was perfect. She's a loose Canon, she needs a partner who's strong minded", he stared at taehyung. "It's quite unfortunate that things played out this way", he huffed.

"Kate is a wonderful person. I'm sure she will learn alot from you", he gave taehyung a smile.

-

"Kate Hudson", Taehyung called out as he entered the lower ranked department. Everyone glanced his way. "Captain", she lift her hand before rising to her feet. "Ms Hudson. Shall we take a drive", he smiled. The red head was about to collapse at the sight. The other officers were swooning too. "Yes sir", she grabbed her little notepad and pen before following him.

"I couldn't believe my ears when the chief asked me to be your partner ", she squealed. Taehyung simply smiled, not knowing what else to say to the excited girl. "There's alittle chaos happening outside Holland Campus. The officers paged for me to come immediately. So we're going to handle that", he explained. "Yes sir", she salute. "How old are you?", he asked as they exit the building. "Just turned 19 ,sir", she beamed. "Young", he pet her head ,almost making her drop to her knees. "What about you ,sir?", she chimed as they got into the squad car. "I'll let you guess", he flashed his boxy smile which made her blush in the passenger seat. "23", she grinned. "That young?", he laughed as the car swiftly moved onto the road.