Chapter - 17 ( Unedited )

Serene

"I demand an explanation. What exactly are you trying to say, Serene?" I attempted with all my might to break free from her grasp, yet her strength was overwhelming.

I found us outside the bar, having been forcefully pulled out by her.

She even pushed through the crowd, shoving anyone who blocked our path without offering a single apology to those she pushed away.

Despite my efforts to distance myself, it took her only one quick pull to bring our faces close together once more. The scent of alcohol on her breath weakened me further.

It seemed she had arrived before me, and had already started drinking that she's like this..

"Ma'am this is harassing. Bitawan nyo po ang kwelyo ko" iniwas ko ang tingin ko sa kanya. Sobrang lapit ng mukha niya at hindi ako kumportable.

"No! I need explanation, Serene! What do you mean, I don't need you? Who said that?!?" Mas lalong naging mas nakakatakot ang boses niya.

'It was you' gusto kong iboses ang salitang iyon pero mas pinili ko na lang na manahimik.

What's the point? She don't even remember it.

Her grip on me tightened, making it increasingly difficult for me to breathe, yet I urged myself to remain calm in this tension.

For a couple of seconds, I remained silent, allowing her to vent her frustrations until they gone away. I had no desire to increase the tension of this situation, knowing full well that any additional noise might draw unwanted attention from anyone.

Because the last thing I wanted was to fuel her irritation further.

"Dumbass..." she murmured under her breath as she finally released me.

Despite the closeness between us, the word felt like a whisper lost in the wind, yet it reached my ears clearly.

She then turned away, putting a growing distance between us, but the air remained thick with her palpable frustration. She ran her fingers through her hair multiple times, a gesture of annoyance.

Fear gripped me. I knew that anything I said could potentially provoke her anger further, so I chose to be silent, hoping it would be the safer path to avoid the storm of her displeasure.

"Ma'am" lakas loob kong tawag sa kanya.

Humarap siya sa akin at hindi katulad kanina, mas maamo na ngayon ang expression ng mukha niya.

"What!??"

I was wrong, maamo lang ang mukha niya pero galit pa din siya.

Halo-halo ang emosyong nakikita ko sa mata niya ng sabihin niya iyon.

Patagong ikinuyom ko ang kamay ko dahil sa paninikip ng dibdib ko sa nakita.

Nag-guilty ako kahit hindi ako sure kung ano ba talagang nagawa ko.

"Why are you saying those words? Why are you so dumb and numb at the same time?" Her voice rose again, echoing confusion and pain, while I chose the path of silence.

I bowed my head in contemplation.

It was a moment of my reflection, a pause before diving into the depths of our shared chaos. I chose to listen, to truly hear her out as she peeled away the layers of frustration that had built up over time.

I held back my own responses until she had fully expressed herself.

"Am I joke to you? Am I really nothing to you, why do you keep doing this!?" Her words lingered in the air between us, a brief calm in the storm of our conversation.