Chapter - 19 ( Unedited )

Serene

"Miss..." I called my professor who's busy driving her car to drop me off

Tutok ang mga mata niya sa kalsada. Alam kong inaantok na siya dahil kanina pa niya gustong humihikab pero pinipigilan niya lang.

"You can't sleep?" Hindi siya tumingin sa akin pero ang atensyon niya ay hati na ngayon sa dalawa.

Sa akin at sa pagmamaneho niya.

The information I overheard earlier has firmly embedded itself in my mind, refusing to be forgotten. Her father is insisting her to marry someone.

My attention was fixed on her, filled with curiosity about whom her father had in mind for her to marry. Could he be wealthy? Perhaps someone who owns a business? Is he kind-hearted? Will he take good care of her?... And more importantly, would she accept to it?

I wanted to ask her but was at a loss for how to start. To her, I had been asleep earlier, how could I possibly reveal that I had overheard everything?

"Serene," I snapped out of my thoughts as she called my name.

"Yes?" I responded immediately.

"Why were you sleeping in the parking lot? It's fortunate we found you,  something bad could have happened if we hadn't," she inquired, concern could be heard in her tone.

Her worry was understandable, and I couldn't fault her for it.

Who in their right mind would choose to sleep in a parking lot? But I wasn't really sleeping; I was engrossed in reading AU stories on Twitter.

Feeling somewhat guilty, I scratched the back of my neck and replied in a subdued voice, "I was waiting for you." I said.

As the traffic light turned red, she brought the car to a stop and turned to face me. "Why? Is there something you need to tell me? Why didn't you just text me or come to my office?" she fired off questions one after another. I am expecting this reaction from her, so it didn't catch me off guard.

"Calm down, Miss. Buo pa nga ako eh" pagbibiro ko pero that was a wrong move.

Tumalim ang tingin niya sa akin. "Just kidding" kaagad na bawi ko at sumiksik sa pintuan.

"Why do you want to see me, Serene?"

I'm not sure how to tell her kaya hindi muna ako nagsalita. Ako kasi dapat ang magtatanong pero nabaliktad kaming dalawa.

Isa pa, I think kailangan ko na talagang manood ng mga video about how to improve my communication skill para hindi na ako laging nahihiya sa kanyang magsabi ng kung anong gusto kong sabihin.

"Serene?" Tinawag na naman niya ako kaya alam kong nauubusan na siya ng pasensiya.

Ayaw na ayaw niya talagang naghihintay.

"I just want to apologize sa ginawa kong pag-halik sayo sa elevator, Miss." Hindi ako makatingin sa kanya kaya hindi ko alam kung anong magiging reaksyon niya.

She initiated the request for a kiss, to which I followed without a second thought.

My apology came instinctively, perhaps due to the uncertainty of how to interpret her reaction after ai kissed her

"Why are you apologizing?" she inquired, effortlessly resuming control of the steering wheel.

I found myself silently admiring her for her driving skill, managing the wheel with one hand while the other rested casually on the window, her cool demeanor captivates me