Everything Is Alright

Dee P.O.V

It took about 15 minutes to get to the hospital and as soon as I got out of the car, I ran to the stretcher that Teri was on so I could at least know what was going on. Everybody was rushing and it started to make me feel worried. "Hurry up, she's not breathing! File it later, we need to get her some oxygen!" One of the nurses stopped us from following Teri and Chris and told us we had to wait in the waiting room.

I sighed, "This is going to be another long day." August nodded, then put his hand in mine. We sat there in silence, waiting for somebody to tell us some good news.

3 HOURS LATER...

"The families of Chris and Teri."

 I jumped when I heard the nurse yell and nudged August awake. "August wake up." When he woke up, we walked over to the nurse. 

The nurse asked, "Are you family members or friends." Can she just tell us what we need to know instead of catching an attitude? 

"We're friends but they don't have family members in the city." She just rolled her eyes at me, oh hell no. "Can you stop with the attitude and just tell us something?"

"Teri is still in critical condition but Chris got the necessary surgery and is recovering now." Please Lord, keep Teri alive. 

"Ok, thank you." August walked me back to where we were sitting.

August assured me that Teri will be okay but I honestly don't know. I'm still scared that I might lose my best friend. August asked me, "Do you want to stay here or do you want me to take you home?"

"I'll stay just in case she gets better, you can go home if you want to." August nodded, "Call me if you need me to pick you up. I'll be back in the morning." August went home and now I'm just stuck with my thoughts. I'm just praying that she gets better.

THE NEXT DAY...

Chris P.O.V

I wake up to the sound of a heart monitor beeping. Damn, what happened last night? After laying there for a few minutes, everything that happened last night rushed back into my mind. The only person I could think about was Teri. I started to panic because I thought she was dead. My heart monitor was beeping really fast and it made a few nurses run into the room.

"Mr. Brown, we need you to calm down. (Them bars thoe.) Don't hyperventilate, just take deep breaths." I didn't listen to them, I just wanted to know if Teri was alive. 

"Teri, is she ok?" 

One nurse spoke up and said, "You can't worry about her right now. You need to calm down before you go into cardiac arrest."

"I don't care, I won't calm down until I know she's ok." The nurses started looking at each other to see who would tell me. 

"Teri is doing better but we still have to run more tests to make sure nothing serious happened to her major organs." I stopped moving and looked at the nurse. 

"So does that mean that she's ok or not?" The nurse started to get frustrated at me but all she has to do is answer my question and we won't have any problems. 

"She is fine but we still have to run more tests. Does that answer your question?"

"Thank you, but I didn't need all the attitude." I finally calmed down and the heart monitor went back to normal. The nurses left after a while since I calmed all the way down. Then, I started thinking about how we got here. Really, this is all my fault.

That night, Jamie came up to me in the club. If I wasn't high at the time, I would've told her to go somewhere else with that shit. It didn't work out that way, and I ended up having sex with her that night. I was so paranoid that Teri would find out that I cheated on her, I tried to make her out to be the cheater.

I left her place and went back to Jamie. Since then, I caught a few feelings for her. It was nothing compared to the love I felt about Teri, but I needed to feel something. Jamie had complete control over me and I accepted that for a minute. She made me do things I didn't want to do, like saying all those hurtful things to Teri.

It even hurt me to say those things because I loved her and I could see how hurt she was. I felt worse about it in that warehouse when she showed up. She still cared about me even though I treated her like shit. I know the nurse said she's fine, but if she dies, I will never forgive myself.

Dee P.O.V

Somebody needs to tell me something because i've been sitting here since last night and I haven't had any sleep. I worried this whole time and nobody has come out since last night. As soon as I saw a nurse, I ran up to her and asked her if Teri and Chris were ok. 

"Chris recently woke up and you can visit him if you want. We just finished running tests on Teri to make sure everything is ok. She is recovering now so she might not be awake until later tomorrow. If anything changes, I will let you know."

"Thank you so much." Thank God that Teri is ok. I can finally relax for now. That nurse was so nice. See, this is the type of service you give to a very stressed out person. I won't say any names but somebody needs to take some tips. I sent a text to August saying that Teri is okay and Chris just woke up. He told me he's on his way now. I guess i'll go see Chris while i'm waiting on August.

When I got to his room, he was sitting up with his head in his hands. I knocked on the door since he didn't hear me walk in. "Hey Dee." I walked over to him and it took all the strength in my body to not slap him in the face. 

"Hey." He put his head back down like he was thinking about something. 

"Um, did they say anything else about Teri?" 

I nodded, "One of the nurses said that everything is ok and she is recovering now. She'll probably wake up later tomorrow." He nodded and then August walked in.

TO BE CONTINUED...

A/N

It's been awhile since I updated and I won't give any excuses. I apologize, please accept my imaginary pizza =^^=. Anyways, hopefully I will be able to update next week so look out for it in case I do. Byee!