Tears of Joy and Sadness

Dee P.O.V.

That was, something. I overheard August talking in the parking lot. Now I don't know how I feel about him. I mean, I would like to start over, but I can't get over what he did. If he call me, I might answer. I walked back to  the car and Teri was waiting there.

"Where were you?"

"Being nosy." Teri gave me a confused look. "I listened to August and that hoe's conversation, and now i'm confused."

"Wanna talk about it at home?"

"Yeah, let's go."

Teri P.O.V

So Dee told me everything she heard back at the mall and now I think I know what really happened.

"This is just a guess, but I think that August is with this girl because he was thinking about his aunt's dying wish. I don't think he really wants to be with her."

"You think so?"

"99.99999999999999999999997% possible."

"You so extra."

"It's my job. So if he calls you, will you answer?"

"Or text."

"Naw. If he really wants to make it right, he will call you."

"Yeah I guess i'll answer."

"Good. After all this drama, I need some food."

"You always hungry." Am not.

"Not always."

"Lie."

"Whatever."

BBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

"Who is it?" I already know who it is though.

"August."

"What are you waiting for? Answer the damn phone!" So I can be nosy and listen to ya'll conversation.

Dee P.O.V

Teri acted like she was going to kitchen, but I know she'll be right outside my door while i'm on the phone. I decide to answer, but I'm a little hesitant. "Hello."

"You answered." 

"If you gonna talk, talk."

"Ok, I'm sorry about calling you by my ex's name that night. So much was going on in my mind. The only reason that I stayed with her was because of my aunt's dying wish. All the things she did to me made me want something better for myself, then you came along. When she found out that I was dating you, she kept hanging my dead aunt over my head so I had to stay. Then what she did today made me realize that my aunt wouldn't want me to hold on to her. So I let her go. For my happiness and to get you back."

"I don't know. I'd rather start out as friends first and then see where that goes. I don't want to rush things."

"I understand. Just let me know when you're ready. I'll wait on you." I stayed quiet because I didn't know what to say. "I'm glad we had this talk."

"Me too."

"I'll call you tomorrow."

"I'll answer."

"(laughs) Bye."

"Bye."

Ugh, that laugh sends chills. But for real, I actually feel relieved after that talk but at the same time I feel bad. I didn't want to hear his side of the story because I felt like I was done wrong. We'll just have to see where this thing goes from here.