Getting Ready

Teri P.O.V

It's been almost 2 months now and i'm fully recovered. Chris, Dee, and occasionally August, would check on me at least 5 days out of the week. Her and August supposed to be all ''lovey dovey" now. I mean you know I can't get out of the bed and leave the room, so why would you make me uncomfortable while i'm there. Get a room! The doctor walked in.

"Well, good news. You can check out today. We ran all of the tests we needed to and you are perfectly fine. Go ahead and call someone to pick you up."

"Thank you doctor." I'll call Dee to come pick me up if she's not up here already.

"That's not all though." That's not all?

"What do you mean?"

"You need to find a lawyer."

"A lawyer? Why?"

"I can't tell you anything else but he can." Who is 'he'?

"What?" The doctor signaled whoever it was in. The police officer, a.k.a Jamie's Dad, walked in.

"I'm glad to hear you're doing fine." Skip all the small talk, I need to know why I need a lawyer.

"Why do I need a lawyer?"

"Well, Jamie still wants to press charges and I can't change her mind. But, I will give you the best lawyer in this town. I honestly don't believe my daughter. She's just like a blooming cactus. 

"Why do you say that?"

"Because she can be so sweet sometimes. But the minute something doesn't go her way, she will become the most evil thing on this planet."

"Oh. Well who is this 'best lawyer in this town'?"

"Oh. His name is Luis Gonzales. He has the highest winning rate in this area." Ooh, a latino.

"That name sounds familiar. Thank you for all your help."

"No problem. You take care." After he left, I called Dee to come pick me up. About 10 minutes later, she made it.

"Oh my gosh!! I'm so happy!!!" Sometimes I can't stand hugging Dee because she squeezes too hard sometime.

"I'm not."

"Why?"

"That bitch Jamie is still pressing charges."

"What the fuck is wrong with her?" I want to know too.

"I don't know but her dad found a lawyer for me. He's supposed to be the best in town."

"What's his name?"

"Luis Gonzales I think." I bet she's gonna get excited because his name sounds hispanic.

"Ooh, I bet he's Mexican." I knew it.

"Calm yourself."

"Whatever. Chris and August are at the house so get ready." Why lord? I just want to get in my onesie and go to sleep.

"Uuuughhh. I just want some sleep."

"That sounds like a personal problem."

"Ya know what-"

"Get in the car. You ain't gonna do nothing." She was right though.

When we made it to the house, I slowly walked in just in case I was tackled. The first person I saw when I walked in was Chris. When he saw me, he hopped over the table and hugged me. I almost fell down because it happened so fast.

"I missed you so much."

"I missed you too."

Dee frowned up and said, "Get a room." I told her that when the time comes, i'm gonna mess with her and August.

"I know you ain't talking."

"What I do?" I looked at August and back at Dee.

"Mmm." She knows. After I said that, August looked at me and waved.

"Hey Teri."

"I'm still watching you, but hey."

"You can relax. I ain't gon' do nothing. At least not today."

"Keep playing and we gon' fight." Dee slapped my arm.

"Calm down. It's not that serious." I let it go because I was sleepy.

"I'm going to sleep."

"I'll go with you." Chris got up to follow me to my room. And Dee was being jerk because she was saying things like 'ooooh' and 'you better wash the sheets when you're done. If I was in the mood for all that, I would have already done something about it. I rolled my eyes at her and walked in my room.

I plopped down on the bed and Chris was next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and I went to sleep feeling peaceful and happy.

Vote and comment if you enjoyed.