(9) Water fight

3RD PERSON POV

Unbeknownst to Micheal the aftertaste he choose to ignore was a dissolved diuretic pill. Something to help him regress further. Their first accident was always a big moment, and an important step to help the troubled kids.

From the kitchen Daniel couldn't help but keep sneaking quick looks at the new little boy in his house. There was something different about this boy, and not just because there seemed to be a whole new level of abuse he had endured, but there was just something about him. Something about Micheal that made Daniel want to hold onto him and never let go, to give him everything he could every possibly want.

Daniel shook his head to break the trance he was in, and continued to help his wife in the kitchen. There wasn't a lot to clean up, three people didn't make that big of a mess. That would hopefully change when Micheal would regress. If Daniel and Amelia had learned anything over the years is young kids, especially little boys, loved to make a mess.

Amelia started to wash the dishes in the sink, turning on the water and running her hand under it to gauge its temperature. A smile broke out on her face as Daniel came up behind her, wrapping his strong arms around her torso.

"What's wrong darling?" Amelia could always tell when something was bother her husband, and it was in her nature to try and make everyone feel better.

"He's different Amelia. There's something about him." Daniel sighed, he didn't know how to voice his confused feelings and thoughts. "I don't know, I could be imagining things."

"It'll all be fine, God has a way of making things work out just the way they are supposed to." She gave her hubby a quick peck on the cheek before pushing him off of her.

"Now out of my way you worry wort, I gotta get these dishes done." Amelia laughed.

"Oh really?!" Daniel grinned, a plan forming in his head. He quickly swiped his hand through the running water, spraying it all over his Amelia. Amelia squealed, her arms coming up to deflect the water but it was no use. Daniel's deep laugh filled the space. He was almost doubled over in his fit of laughter.

Amelia wouldn't let this attack stand though, she grabbed the retractable sink nozzle and quickly sprayed Daniel. He let out a gasp as the water quickly soaked through his shirt. Amelia quickly realized her mistake as she let out a short, high pitched scream and ran.

She got on the other side of the island in the middle of the kitchen, determined to win their little water fight.

The couple ran around the kitchen, flinging water at each other. Their laughing made its way to Micheal's ears, and sadness griped at his heart. He had never heard any laughing like that in a while. Laughs full of joy and happiness, just in the moment.

Michael was now only half paying attenuating to the tv as he listened to his new foster parents have fun in the kitchen. He was tempted to turn around and watch them have fun, or even join them. But he was hesitant, he didn't want to ruin their fun. He always ends up ruining everything. Tears pricked at his eyes and he rubbed at them, not wanting any of them to fall. Because if they did, if the salty drops of water rolled down his cheeks, he knew Daniel would get mad at him. Boys don't cry.

Sensing the boy's distress, Lola, hops up on the couch. She wasn't supposed to be up there but at the moment she didn't care for her masters rules.

Micheal accepted the dog's cuddles, pulling her closer and burring his head into her soft fur. A whine from Duke made Micheal look up. The large dog was looking at him expectedly. With a small smile Micheal patted the empty space next to him and the pup immediately jumped up, getting comfortable with his big head in Micheal's lap.

The boy forgot about his past troubles as he directed his attention back to the movie, and his hands never stopped petting the two dogs laying on either side of him.

At the same time Amelia and Daniel were calming down in the kitchen. Daniel had his wife trapped in his arms as he peppered her with kisses all over her face.

"Come on you dumb hunk, let's clean up." Amelia said, pushing Daniel to try and get out of his arms.

"So bossy." Daniel joked and Amelia rolled her eyes in response. Daniel grabbed a towel and started wiping up the mess, while Amelia started washing the dishes—for real this time.

After a few minutes of comfortable silence Daniel spoke up. "We should go to shopping today."

Amelia was confused by the random comment, but her husband was a weird guy and she didn't always know how his mind worked.

"What for?"

"Micheal needs some new clothes. He barely has any and they are either falling apart or don't fit." Daniel paused, tossing the wet towel over his shoulder, he would throw in into the laundry room when he went to change. "No kid should ever have to live like that."

"Then we'll go. You know I'll have the best time spending your money, especially on that cutie pie."

"You're going to drain me of all my money one day." Amelia gave him a cheeky smile in response, but Daniel didn't mind. If the love of his life was happy he would spend all of the money in the world to keep it that way. 

A/N

1st real attempt at writing in 3rd person sorry if it's not the best. Hope y'all are having a wonderful day and enjoying the story

lots of love ❤️