(15) Bath time

AMELIA POV

I had left Daniel and Micheal on the couch as I went to the dining room to get some work done on my computer.

First I decided to make Micheal some water, with a diuretic to help cause more accidents. With more accidents Micheal will have to wear protection and that will further regress him.

I was surprised when I saw Daniel walking down the stairs with wet sheets in his hand. He didn't have to explain what had happened, and he didn't stop to either. He looked like he was on a mission and I was not one to stop him.

What I couldn't believe was that Micheal had already wet the bed. His record indicated no past experiences of bed wetting. Although the last time he had gone was before we had went out. Some time had passed and he did drink a little bit before falling asleep. I shook off my thoughts, I had work that needed to get done.

I had some lesson plans and other school related things I had to set up for Micheal, along with a doctor's appointment that Daniel and I both decided was a good idea.

I liked to get ahead of my work on Saturday's because Sunday was the day of rest in my religion, and because I hated procrastination and setting things for last minute. It made my skin crawl and itch, like bugs were using me as a highway.

I got Micheal all registered and ready for school on Monday, and he now has a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. The only problem with the doctor's appointment is that he will have to miss part of school in the morning or maybe not go at all knowing how soft Daniel can be sometimes.

Hearing noises come from the kitchen I go to check on it. Daniel is rummaging through one of the cabinets where we keep the Little stuff.

"What are you doing?" I say quietly, not wanting to disturb Micheal who is still on the couch.

"He doesn't want to use his sippy so I made a deal that if I drank out of one he would use his." Daniel explains quickly and I let out a quiet laugh. Oh how he is already wrapped around Micheal's little fingers.

I watch as he makes the cup and hurry's back to Micheal. I snap a photo of them clinking the cups together and then both of them taking sips before going back to work.

I smile to myself as the image of Daniel holding the small cup up to his lips flashes through my mind. I didn't know I could love someone like the way I love Daniel. He is the rock in my life and I can always count on him just like he can count on me.

I shake my head out of its lovestruck thoughts and focus on my work. It doesn't take long and I am done within an hour.

(I'm not sure how being a teacher actually works, much less for younger children but I'm trying my best 🙃)

I close my laptop and put it away before joining Daniel and Micheal on the couch. They have just finished the Cars movie and are starting on the movie Captain America the first Avenger. I knew when Micheal said he didn't know who Captain America was Daniel wouldn't stop until the boy was also semi obsessed with Marvel like he was.

Daniel's sippy cup he had taken out was empty on the coffee table but Micheal held his, absent-mindedly chewing on the spout.

I like to think I've seen a change in Micheal, he's opened up a little bit more since he first got here yesterday, and I think it should be easier than I originally thought to help him regress. Most of the time, with a kid that has the same reputation as he does, they do not regress easily. They don't enjoy giving up simple decision making and they most definitely do not like the punishments. They attempt to refuse all of the baby treatment, but Micheal is different. He seems to like the treatment and being close to Daniel but at times he fights with himself.