(17) Timeout

MICHEAL POV

Movement to the left of me makes me open my eyes slightly.

"Shhh, go back to sleep baby." Amelia's voice reaches my ears as she continues to climb out of bed. It's still dark in the room so I assume it is not yet morning.

I let my eyes close and snuggle my head farther into my pillow. It doesn't squish and form around my head, instead it stays strong, a soft thumping noise coming from it.

I pick my head up and figure out the reason my pillow is acting so weird is because it's not a pillow at all, but the chest of a sleeping Daniel.

His eyes open slightly and he gives me a sleepy smile.

"Come here bub." He whispers as he wraps his arms around me and pulls me to his warm body.

I let out a yawn as I get comfortable again. Something falls from my mouth but I ignore it as sleep starts to take over. A slow patting on my butt takes me farther into dream land as the rhythm comforts me.

~~

"Sweets it's time to get up now." Amelia's soft lovely voice breaks through my dreamless sleep. I slowly start to become accustomed to my surroundings as I wake up. A shower is running and light is bright behind my still closed eyelids.

"I let you sleep as much as possible baby, you have to get up and get ready for the day."

"Nuuu." I groan but something in my mouth makes my voice sound odd. I bring my hand to my mouth and pull out the plastic thing. I finally open my eyes and see a blue pacifier is resting in my hand.

"Why was this in my mouth?!" I shout

throwing it somewhere else on the bed.

"There is no need to shout at me Micheal. I will answer you when you ask kindly." Amelia stands patiently, her eyes on me.

I hold back the need to role my eyes as I ask again, "Why was that in my mouth?"

"Thank you for asking nicer. You were grinding your teeth and it helped stop that, plus you didn't seem to mind it last night." She gives me a simple answer, and I guess it was too terrible, and I didn't notice it was there until I tried to talk.

"I don't want to use it again!" It was for babies, and I am not a baby.

"Okay sweets, you don't have to use it if you don't want to but it's always there if you change your mind." I won't change my mind!

"Are you awake enough to get up now? We have to get you up and ready to go." Amelia changes the subject off of the baby item fairly quickly.

"Go where?" I didn't want to go anywhere.

"Church." I haven't been a church in forever, much less with a foster family.

"I don't want to go!" I whine, falling back in the bed.

"Do you want to take a bath or a shower?" Amelia asks ignoring my statement.

"Neither!" I shout, if I take a shower that means one step closer to having to leave the house.

"Oh, I thought you would want to get all clean after your accident last night, but if you don't then I'll just get you dressed up right now." I gave a faint memory of the events of last night and the reminder makes my cheeks go red.

"Shower." I mumble in defeat, but I would not be putting any fancy clothes or go to church.

"Good boy, let's get you all situated then." Amelia smiles brightly as I crawl out of the bed. As my feet hit the floor a pulling at my hips makes me realize the weight of the...protection between my legs. It hangs down, swaying with each step I take, and there is a slight yellow tint to the bottom of it. I have a slight waddle as I follow Amelia, not used to the thickness of a wet pull up.