Chap. 20

*5 months later*

The only thing I have been hearing for the last 5 months is;

"She isn't going to be waking up."

"She probably won't wake up."

"I'm sorry ma'am but her hopes of waking up are low."

I don't want to hear that. I want to hear 'your daughter is getting better'
'She will wake up soon'
It's all the complete opposite of what I want.

I just got out of the hospital 2 months ago. And I'm completely fine, I wish Ella Kate Could be ok like me. No, but instead she is in a coma. And it's all my fault.

Shawn still doesn't know how I crashed, and it's gonna stay like that. I can't tell him that I crashed cause I was texting him. He would start blaming every thing on him self.

Right now I'm is sitting on my bed crying,
Cause I'm such a horrible person. I shut my daughter out of Shawn's life, and now I'm gonna be the reason she dies.
Not saying she is going to die, I still have faith for her.

Oh, remember when Trish walked in on me and Shawn kissing? She fucking took a picture and tweeted it. Now me and Shawn are rumored to be dating.
People believe any thing on the internet!

Well, we were kissing so it's pretty believable.
*door bell to Gracie's house rings*

I walk down stairs as I wipe the tears that are still coming out of my eyes.
I'm a wreck right now. My eyes are red and puffy from crying. My hair is a rats nest in a bun. My cloths aren't the best, sweat pants and a tank top aren't very flattering.
Once I have made it to the door, I open it.

It's Shawn.

*Shawn's P.O.V.*

I nervously knock on Gracie's door. I don't know why but every time I think of her, or see her, I get butterflies in my stomach. She is just so, amazing, stunning, the list could go on for ages.

My thoughts are broken as I hear the door opening. Then I see Gracie, she has been crying. I can tell, her eyes are red and puffy, poor thing.

Without thinking, I pull her into a hug. I felt like she really needed a hug right now.
With everything going on, needed a hug too. I know I have only been in Ella's life for the past couple months, but I still feel the pain Gracie feels.

Ella Kate is an amazing young girl, with so much potential. I hope she wakes up, the doctors say her chances are pretty low.

But I have faith.

"How are you?" She asked weakly.

"I've been better..." I whispered.
She pulled me into the house and shut the door behind her.

"I'm sorry about the way I'm dressed, if I knew you were co-" "it's fine, you look great" I said cutting her off.
To be honest, she looks amazing, as always.

"Ok.." She said as she looked down. When she looked back up I saw how red her face was, awe she is blushing. She is so cute when she is blushes.

She was about to say something until her phone started to ring. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and stared at the screen. She gulped and I saw how nervous she became.

"Hello?" She said, she looked so scared. Why? I have no idea.

"O-ok..." She stuttered. She put her phone back in her pocket and stared at me.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"They need us at the hospital, it's about Ella. But I don't know if it's good or bad."