Chapter Four

Twilight's POV

I woke up next to a bright orange cat. I saw its ears prick and then it suddenly bounced up. I recognized the eyes of my friend immedeately.

"What happened, Pinkie?", I asked the bright orange cat.

"Well after that group of really scary cats were all around us, we ran, ran, ran! We went through that heather over there and we must have passed out here.", she answered, a smile on her face.

The memories came flooding back now: Pinkie and I running from the cats, us ruching through the heather. I remember being in the marsh for a few moments before I fell asleep. I jumped when I heard rustling in the bushes behind us.

Three cats came walking through the bushes: a small brown and gold cat, a bigger white and silver tabby, and a gray cat that was a bit bigger than the tabby. The gray cat walked over to us. I felt my fur rise on my pelt and saw Pinkie bristling next to me. I felt my claws slide out of my paws, and saw Pinkie's claws were unsheathed too.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?", the gray cat asked in a gentle tone.

"Rogues! We should attack! Come on, Streamfur!", the brown cat piped up.

The gray tom- Streamfur, probably, swiftly turned his head to glare at the brown cat.

"No, Pikepaw.", he meowed harshly to the small cat.

The third cat walked over and whispered something in Streamfur's ear. The gray tom nodded and the cat ran off.

"So, what are your names?", Streamfur asked in a casual tone.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle, but you can call me Twilight.", I replied.

"And I'm Pinkie Pie! But you can call me Pinkie!", Pinkie meowed, bouncing around Streamfur and Pikepaw.

Streamfur dipped his head slightly. "Well, its nice to meet you two. Are you hungry?", he asked, looking at the lake. I nodded my head and Pinkie did to, still bouncing around Pikepaw. Streamfur nodded and padded over to the lake. He sat there for a moment, but then his paw flashed quickly, sending a giant silver fish into the air. Streamfur caught the fish when it landed, and he bit its neck and killed it. He brought the fish over to us.

"We were going to go hunting. Want me to show you how?", Streamfur asked.

Curiosity overwhelming me, I nodded my head quickly. Streamfur lead Pinkie and I towrads the lakeshore.

"First, you have to make sure your shadow isn't over the water, otherwise the fish will know you're there, and then none will come. Then, you wait for a fish to come.", he instructed. We waited a few moments, then a fish swam by. Quick as a flash, Streamfur caught the fish, sending it flying. I ran to catch the fish when it landed, then bit down on its neck hard. I felt the fish go limp in my paws.

"Well done. Could you go get the other fish, Twilight?", Streamfur meowed as he padded towards the fish. I nodded and ran over to the other fish. Clamping it in my jaws, I dragged it over to another one.

A few minutes later, the four cats had a decent pile of fish sitting by the lakeshore. Then, two cats paddedout of the bushes. One of them was the silver and white tabby from earlier, and behind her was a larger white cat with gold,gray, and brown splotched all over his pelt. Streamfur noticed the cat and beckoned us over to him with his tail.

The cat noticed the pile of fish on the shore. "Hunting, Streamfur?"

The gray tom nodded. "Yes we were, Salmonstar. In fact, these two cats caught a lot. They'd make excellent RiverClan warriors."

I cocked my head. "RiverClan? What's that?"

The multi colored cat-Salmonstar, I believe, answered my question. "You see, there are four groups of large cats on the lake called Clans. The cats in the forest are ThunderClan, the cats on the moor are WindClan, the cats in the pines past the ThunderClan forest are ShadowClan, and the cats here are RiverClan."

I nodded. I noticed Pinkie bouncing around Pikepaw again.

Salmonstar looked in Pinkie's direction and smiled. "Your friend's a bit...energetic, isn't she?", he asked.

I smiled too. "Yes...energetic...right...", I said awkwardly.

Salmonstar looked at me again. "So, what're you and your friends' names?", he asked casually.

"I'm Twilight, and my friend is Pinkie.", I replied.

Salmonstar nodded. He went to talk to Streamfur, and told Pikepaw and the she-cat to take the fish to camp. They carried plenty of fish in their jaws. Pinkie stopped bouncing and sat by me. I looked over to Streamfur and Salmonstar, and noticed them talking. After a while, Salmonstar and Streamfur padded over.

Salmonstar was the one to speak. "Streamfur has told me a lot about you two. How would you like to join RiverClan?", he asked.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Welp, that's the end of this chapter! Stay tuned, my little pineapples!

The_Derpinator™