*✦𝘝𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘯 𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥✦*

𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

【 Alcohol 】

Y/n sat on the beach lying against Scythe's stomach while reading a high valerian book, might as well learn some things you did forget again, you reminded yourself. Inizio lay close by with her eyes shut, Scythe's head curved into his body so he was facing you, eyes open and making grubling noises every time you took your hand off his nose to turn a page.

Sometimes you would speak the words and Sythe didn't know if you were telling him something or just practicing, so he would turn his head in confusion.

You looked up at him and continued rubbing his nose, Your arm hurt but you didn't have the heart to stop.

You had ended up sleeping on the beach the night before. Of course, Inizio and Sytche didn't dare sleep but they couldn't let you stray too far. You heard a familiar whistle and shot your head up. Sythce and Inizio lifted their head from the sand and looked towards the source of the whistle.

You could see Felix tripping his way out of the dunes and you smiled. Sythe used his wings to push himself up and lifted his head in a fighting stance. Felix hadn't met your two dragons but he sure had plenty from stories. You stood up and walked towards Felix.

"It's ok Boy, he's a friend" Scythe walked a single step and lowered his head to where your faces were inches from touching. You both faced Felix, It was clear he was scared but Scythce wouldn't make another move without your command. Inizio abruptly pushed Felix in the side, smelling him and then growling. She turned to go lay back down while Felix recollected himself.

"They really are terrifying" You laughed at him for a moment before turning to meet Scythe's one eye "It can take some getting used to before you can the slightest bit of comfort around them, but they won't hurt you unless they have a reason to" Felix smiled and shifted his stance.

"I'm sorry Y/n but I must get back, the trading operations with the lord and lady are finished and It won't run itself. There are people back in the city waiting for me" Your smile dropped slightly which caused Felix to give you a sad smile while reaching both hands out. You took them both and he brought you for a hug "I'll miss you, Felix, You are the reason any of this is possible"

He chuckled lightly "If you hadn't kept me out of trouble when we were younger I wouldn't be alive" He spoke and you smiled hugging him tighter.

"Let me get you to the dock at least..." Felix pulled away keeping his hand on your arms and nodded.

____

You waved goodbye to Felix who stood on the ship's railing and holding onto the rope ladder, looking as though he could fall into the ocean at any second which made you laugh.

Scythe and Inizio circled the docks above you and Sythce even followed the boat until it was just a small speck in the distance. Your mother rested her hand on your shoulder and you turned quickly "I'm sorry my dear, I understand what it's like to say goodbye" You hugged her tightly and she walked you back to the castle.

The dragons posted themselves in the grass behind the castle near the cliff, it was a small area but it was close.

You and your mother sat in your room on the balcony which faced the cliff. You could see the two dragons while you and your mother shared a glass of wine. A luxury you hadn't had for a while.

You told your mother what you did when you were in the city, what you did for money and she smiled "When I ran away from home with a bag of coins and a dragon that could barely hold my weight I did the same, Killing people kept me on my feet and a roof over my head, Amiron knew how to hunt and care for herself. So while I went to the streets Amiron would stay on the border of whatever city we stayed in at the time and pick off the farmer's animals" Your mother smiled as she thought back on the memories when it was just her and her dragon against the world.

"It sounds like you had lots more fun than I ever did..." you said taking a sip of wine and savoring it's taste. "It was fun some of the time, others I struggled, Amiron was the only reason I'm still alive to this day"

You were prepared to ask more questions but you heard the door to your room open and soon daemon stepped out to the balcony, a letter in hand.

"Deamon?" your mother asked. Your mother stood and daemon handed her the letter. You stood as well and watched your mother's face contort to confusion "Mother? Is there something wrong?" She sighed and looked Daemon in the eyes and then to you "Veamon want to rule Driftmark after lord Corly's death, They seek the sight of the king to choose which will rule, they are being sent to trial. Queen Alicent requests the family be there as witnesses and...the return of the princess"

"New's travels fast across the land..." Daemon says slightly angered.

You looked at the letter in confusion "Lord Corlys is dying? I thought he requested Rhenera and Leanor's second son to take over after his death"

"Things have changed Y/n, the family has been separated for quite a while, when my father became too sick to rule, Alicent took charge and now demands her son Aegon become king"

Y/n scoffed at the name, She had never forgotten what he had done to her, or what his brother did to her and her dragons. She thought of Aemond, him sitting in the chair while the maester stitched him up before he had gotten her dragon's eye removed.

"We should go, Rhenera could use the support, and Alicent's right...Y/n should see the family"

Deamon sighed. knowing his wife was right "It says the trial is in three days, we get there, sit through the trail, and anything else...then we leave" I'll pack our things, my love..." Deamon left, leaving you and your mother.

"Rhenerya cried for days when she found out you were gone...Imagine how she'll feel when she sees you after all these years" You smiled slightly " I missed her too... Luke and Jace included"

"I'm sure they'll have something for you to wear when you get there no need to pack. Like your father said I'll be a quick trip, home, and back then we never have to talk about the crown again..."

... Lies...