XIV

It had been ages since Davy had felt a womans warmth around him. He forgot how amazing it could feel to be so human.

Or perhaps it was just this woman next to him that was so amazing.

He looks down at her fast asleep on the bed, exhausted from the previous nights activities. Flat on her back. The blanket bunch around her waist, putting her naked breasts on display for him. His gaze moves up to her sweet face. Mouth parted and hair scattered wildly across her pillow.

She looks like an angel.

Davy impishly bends down, taking a mouthful of her flesh into his mouth sucking wildly.

She cries out, eyes popping open to look at him.

He let's go. Pushing himself back up to look at her.

"Davy." She whimpers. Trying to pull him back towards her.

"Not now, my love. When yer not so sore."

"I'm not sore." She responds.

"Anya." Davy's tone is warning as he gently runs his hand down her stomach.

She bites her bottom lip sharply with a wide smile. "Okay, I'm sore. But delightfully so."

She grasps at him again and Davy can't help himself. He yanks her sideways on the bed. Her head hangs off the side and she tosses it back, eyes closed and back arching. As he pulls toward her open legs. She smiles widely, thinking she knows what's coming, but Davy smiles wickedly as he begins to lower his head down the length of her body.

_______________________

Days had passed with no word from Beckett. Anya had almost let herself relax at the lack of his presence. But unfortunately, she's not so naive and couldn't unwind fully.

Eventually, the ship was overrun with soldiers. Making the pirates ship feel less like home and more like a strange, crowded city street. Anya doesn't like it one bit.

Beckett's men's booming voices filled the night sky, drowning out the sound of Davy's own men. Beckett has decided that they need more babysitting. Apparently, the war on trade has been heating up quite a bit.

The atmosphere was crowded, noisy and it gives Anya further anxiety. She decides to take the edge off with a warm bath. Ordering Bootstrap, whose still at her disposal, to warm her water and fill her tub. Once done, he leaves and Anya finally slides into the waiting tub.

~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere across the ship two ignorant soldiers with an old book begin to play with forces they don't understand on a dare. The book hold spells and recordings of demons of the sea and how to summon them.

Not believing in such things. They laugh and jest while reciting the strange words. Scoffing at the fact that nothing appears on the deck in front of them. Tossing the book into the sea.

~~~~~~~~~~

Anya can still hear the busy bustle of the ship. Squeezing her eyes shut and taking a deep breath. She slides her head under the water. Silence finally meets her ears. Her muscles releasing their tension at last. Enough for her to open her eyes.