XVIII

A/N: This is the longest chapter and also the last.  Followed by a short Epilogue that I'm posting at the same time.  Thank you to everyone for voting and commenting!  All your support has made me so happy and I am just so glad other people enjoyed my little fanfic.  (And I hope you all don't hate me too much at the end of this)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

****

There was fog. But it did little to hide the fleet Beckett had summoned to stand behind them and the Endeavor.

Davy stood as close to Anya as he could until it was time for them to meet on the sandbar. She saw Will briefly as he got off of the Endeavor with Beckett into the row boat. They made eye contact. She could see the determination in his eyes to end up back on the ship and save his father. She supposes he expects some sort of sympathy and understanding from her gaze but she just stares back at him with a warning in her eyes.

When they came back, Will was gone and in his place was Jack Sparrow. Who gets off aboard the Dutchman with Davy. "You remember, Captain Jack Sparrow." Davy mocks to the crew.

Laughter breaks out among them.

"To the brig!"

Jack bumps into Anya, letting out a quick recoiling scream at the sight of her. Her brows pull together.  She doesn't understand the dramatic reaction but she supposes she is the most unusual looking member of the Flying Dutchman's crew.

Amused, she tips her head at him and then raising one brow.

"Apologies." He slurs. "I'm not used to seeing so many squid admirers in one day."

Anya can't help but smile, turning her head to avoid him seeing her laugh.

"Ack!" Davy shoves him away and some crew lead him below deck.

Anya lets her laughter sound after he's gone.

Davy glares at her.

"What?" She muses. "He's weirdly charming."

____________________

All humor is short lived, though.  Beckett gave some sort of speech on the Endeavor while Mercer made his place known on the Dutchman.  With a glare from the crew and a silent promise from all of them to kill him if the opportunity presents itself. 

The fleet was prepared and a storm began to brew.  Mercer riled the crew and his men for war. 

But Davy saw the doom awaiting them as he looked up into the clouds.  "Calypso?"  Rain began to fall and Davy screams at the sky. 

As they make their way out he finds Anya on deck in the crowd.  Grasping her tightly and looking down into her ocean eyes.  "Remember what we discussed." 

She nods. 

His eyes soften and he opens and shuts his mouth as if to say something more but she stops him. 

"I know." 

He smiles.  And with a push that encourages her to go below deck.  He makes his way to the top deck.  To Captain his ship.  Into the storm.  Into battle. 

Anya does go below.  To grab her swords.  She adjusts her red shirt over her tightly bound corset and ties her hair.  She will fight in this war.  Whether he wants her to or not.  She will fight along side her men. 

A cloud swirled in the sky.  Making a whirlpool where the Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman meet in the middle.  Mercer tries to order them to pull away so Davy takes the helm.  "Pull forward and into the abyss!"