f o u r

⚠️ warning : mention of eating problem/no appetite

20th february : was that you?

the ringing of my phone's alarm wakes me up from my deep slumber, making me squint my eyes shut as hard as i could. believe it or not i slept well, maybe a little too well... i stretch my arm out from under my blanket slapping my phone, trying to make the ringing stop.

forcing myself to sit up, as i stare off to space, or just around my dimly lit bedroom. throwing one feet after the other off the bed as they touch the cold floor, making me shiver. dang why is the air conditioner making my room freeze, dumb question but, i couldn't care.

doing my daily routine like any other morning, which consists of ; brushing my teeth, showering, styling my hair and can't forget the best part, im being sarcastic if you can't catch on wearing the shitty school uniform. fully dressed i jump back onto my bed and take my phone, reading through the texts from the previous night. did i wanna believe the reality, that i actually had a full long conversation with my crush? no, maybe, i don't know.

looking at the time as it showed 6 50, i jump back out of the comfort of my lover ; bed. making my way out the door, and down the stairs, greeted by the sweet smell of waffles, yum!

breakfast was held by a comfortable silence, until my dad spoke up. "haewon, your mom and i are a bit busy today onwards, you may have to walk home by yourself and go to school alone. feel free to make a friend tag along, also me and your mom have noticed you don't go out much, why don't you go out with friends and socialize a bit, hm?" i look at him with wide eyes, really? they are giving me this permission, wow! "your are now old enough to be responsible for yourself" he concludes.

am i tripping?

is this a dream?

who am i?

"oh?" i look at my dad, then my mom. did they hit their head somewhere? last time i asked for such permission they concluded that i was too young. "don't worry about haehyun, he'll be staying with your uncle for the time" my mom smiles softly.

child free, and permission to go out alone? wow

"if you want you can go to school by foot today" my dad suggests, i hesitantly nod. still skeptical, nonetheless i went back to my room to grab my bag, going back down. "i'll be going now!" i say with a smile, slipping my shoes on. skipping down the side walk, i sniff the summer air in "ah, oxygen— it's been a while" i mutter to myself.

the school was about a 15 to 20 minute walk, depending on how fast my walking was. i manage to break the record and make it to the school gates in 10 minutes, lucky for me it was already open. i check my watch '7 15' it read, 10 minutes before classes began, not bad at all.

i walk up the exhausting flights of stairs, huffing for air desperately. the stairs should be sued for lung abuse, this is pure torture to my poor lungs.

i make it to class, plopping down at my usual desk. showing my bag off my shoulders, i let my tensed shoulders relax.

"you seem to be in a good mood" nari says, out of the blue like her usual self making my slightly jump. i just hum, "i had a whole conversation with yukhei" i slyly smile. "damn girl! really?" she shouts in shock, catching the rest of the group's attention. i explain what had happen and they all hype me up, the classes went by fast as usual.

the bell rang indicating my favorite time of the day, i see my best-friends, and also my crush. like any usual day me and my friend's spend our time, but sadly some bitches stole our usual spot in-front of yukhei, so he stole the closest possible place.