Chapter-1

A man in his late 20's was in a hurry. He was wearing a grey suit and white shirt with a black tie. He looked himself in the mirror and removed the tie and set his collar. His hair was set with a gel and he was all ready to go to his office. He looked at his watch. He knew that he was too early for his meeting but he wanted to leave from his house as early as possible. He quickly wrote a note on a sticky note and placed that on the mirror.

He came to the parking outside his mansion and drove his car. While driving to his office he was thinking how to make this day unforgettable one. Suddenly, he started remembering the life he had few months ago  and how everything changed in his life.

Few months before-

I'm Manik Malhotra. Everyone in my family call me as Manik but for the world, I'm Manik Malhotra. I'm blessed with a lovable family. My dad, Srikanth Malhotra and my mom Nyonika Malhotra. My family always supported me in all my highs and lows and completed all my wishes. They always trusted me and never put any restrictions. They always supported me to achieve my dreams and follow my passion.

I finished my schooling in boarding school in Dehradun. When I came out with a distinction. I told my wish that I wanted to do higher studies in Harvard which they agreed instantly considering my happiness. Harvard is one the Ivy league school and even I wanted to explore USA. I love travelling. I don't have lot of friends but whoever are there, they are like my family.

I'm a studious person just like my dad who is a successful business tycoon in music and fashion industry world. You can say he is my role model and inspiration. To business world he is a ruthless and heartless man but for me he is only my lovable dad. My family always fulfilled my wishes and needs before I ask them. I got my graduation sheet with high marks and made my parents proud.

Coming to the girls, I used to avoid this matter. For me girls always used to demand or irritate others for some stupid stuffs. It is weird considering the fact that my parents had love marriage. I always admired their love story. But I never felt that special connect with any girl.

When I came to India after completing my higher education in Harvard, my dad asked me to join his business, Malhotra Industries. I also thought it as a good idea because I can get good knowledge and experience. The cherry on top is my dad will be my mentor and teach me the business. What else I can ask for in life. I immediately agreed with his decision and started my job in our own office.

Our office used to conduct campus interviews in some colleges to hire students every year to encourage young minds. As per company instructions, our HR team conducted the interviews to select the students. After the students get selected, they have to work as an interns.

I always wished to see the interview process live to know about the whole procedure. So, I asked one of my employee to arrange it by fixing camera on that location which other workers not aware of. In this way he can watch the interviews and also see how their employees are selecting the students.

They conducted the drive, written tests got over, group discussion was over which I didn't pay that much attention. Now, it is time for personal interview which I was more interested in. They started to take the interviews.

Here, I'm just listening to their question and answers without even looking at my laptop screen as I was doing my work in my desktop.

While I was engrossed in my work, I heard my employee asked one girl to introduced herself. That girl gave her introduction which I didn't clearly listen. But at the end of her introduction she said that she needed to know few things so she wanted to ask few questions to which he nodded.

"Sir, if I get selected when I have to join, and what will be my salary? Is weekend a holiday or a working day? Will I get a leave on festival day or do I have to work that day? How much time will it take for mento get a permanent offer letter? And yes, do your company have a cafeteria or not because I can't complete my work whem I'm hungry? I forgot to ask what about your office working hours? Will they arrange cab for us because we can get late due to traffic," She asked these questions in one breathe.

I was stunned or you can say I was shocked. How can someone ask these many questions that on an interview? Won't her mouth get pain? And the main question here is, who the hell is taking interview? My employee or that girl?

When I looked at my laptop, I saw my my employee whose jaw was dropped down seeing that girl and hearing her questions. I can completely understand his emotions at that time. Then I looked at that girl who was asking questions like rapid fire round. I couldn't see her face as she was sitting facing opposite side. Her back was visible. I could only utter, "Dumbo".