Chapter-12 (Last part)

Everyone were waiting for my answer. I looked at Nandini to see her in guilt which I didn't like. She was looking at the ground fidgeting her fingers. Maybe she felt she was the reason for all the chaos.

I held her hand looking straight into her eyes wanting her to listen everything, "I already spoke to Alya about us"

I can see everyone was shocked.

Flaskback-

I looked myself in the mirror and I knew what I had to do. I decided to talk with to Alya immediately to call off this engagement and went to meet her.

I knocked Alya's room and luckily she was all alone. It was very awkward for me to call off this wedding and I didn't know from where to start but all I knew that I couldn't marry Alya.

I told Alya about my feelings towards Nandini. She suddenly jumped on me to hug me tightly. I was standing there trying to process everything.

She said, "Thank god Manik. You are literally a savior. Thank you so much."

I asked her, "Aren't you sad about this?"

She laughed, "Are you mad? Why would I be? Infact I love Dhruv. I was planning to break this engagement and I was about to come to your room to discuss about this but luckily you came here. Now I'm relaxed."

Hearing this, even I got relieved. Now I don't have any guilt. But still I have one thing to do. Talk to Nandini. I left from there wishing her for happy life.

Flashback ends.

My parents took some time to understand everything. Eventually they knew that even Alya's parents were angry about the whole situation and they got to know about Dhruv and Alya. They took some time but eventually they also agreed for Alya's and Dhruv relation.

After 2 hours of delay or say drama, Alya and I walked to the stage but we were accompanied by our partners. Alya got engaged to Dhruv and I got engaged to my dumbo.

Luckily Nandini's parents also came there to attend my engagement. When I asked their daughter's hand they were shocked as they came to attend the engagement but here I was asking their daughter's hand for engagement.

My parents also talked to them and eventually they also agreed and everything went smoothly but only me and Nandini know the hurdles we crossed to be together.

Sometimes I wonder, if someone said that I will get married to Dumbo then I would've laughed so loud. But I guess it was in my destiny. Manik and Nandini are destined to be together. Always.

After reception, Nandini and I went to the garden. She was fidgeting her fingers.

"What happened?," Manik asked.

"I'm confused," Nandini said.

Manik was taken a back. He thought she doesn't want to marry him and or having second thoughts for this relationship.

"How did you know about my feelings?," Nandini asked with her cute pout.

"What?," Manik was in shock. He thought she will say no to this marriage and here again she is back with her KBC round.

"I never mentioned about my feelings.  We never had a proper conversation. Then how...," Nandini was interrupted by Manik.

"Shhh....I just knew that you like me. But obviously I didn't know about your feelings," Manik said pulling her towards him.

"Then how come I didn't know that you like me?," Nandini asked herself to which Manik chuckled.

"Because you are dumbo," Manik pulled her cheeks.