Chapter Twenty Three

~(F/N)'s POV~

'W-what is that thing?!'

"Run!" Levi commanded us, and I whipped the reins on Shiro. The giant titan ran fast, it already caught up to us. I gasped as soon as it jumped and leaned forward. It looked like it was about to grab something, rather someone. I was in the back of our small formation, meaning that I could be...

"It's fast!"

"We can't get away inside this forest!" They began to yell one by one.

"It's catching up fast!"

"Captain, can we switch to our 3D Maneuver Gear?" Petra yelled out. He remained silent causing my uneasiness to grow. "Captain?"

"Your not getting away!" I looked back and found some soldiers about to attack the titan. "Reinforcements from behind!" One of them shot their wires but it 'missed? No, it didn't miss! The titan moved! B-but how! Did it know about the wires!?' The titan grabbed onto the wires of the soldier and pulled him, smashing his body against a tree. My eyes widened and my jaws dropped.

The other soldier was also mercilessly killed. 'W-why!? Why is this happening!?'

"Captain! Orders!" Petra screamed.

"Let's do it! That thing is dangerous!" Oulo said.

"We have to take it!"

Eld got his swords ready without permission "I'll turn it into minced meat!" 'Don't do it! You'll die!' I wanted to tell him, but no words came out of my trembling lips.

"Captain!"

"Please give us orders!"

"It's catching up to us!"

"Let's kill it here!"

"That's why we're in the forest! Isn't, it captain?" Eld was trying to speak to Levi, but he wasn't responding. It's like he was talking to a rock!

"Captain orders!"

It was getting close, it was getting awfully close. My heart was beating at a rapid speed. The sweat forming on my face. I was shaking, I was shaking with fear.

I closed my eyes not wanting to see another second of this living hell. I wanted everything to just end!

"Everyone, cover your ears." It was Levi, he finally spoke. My eyes shot open at the sudden request but nonetheless followed it. He held up a flare gun. No, it was a sound blast!? I used my right hand to cover my right ear.

"A sound blast?" Eren asked confusingly.

"What is your job?" Levi answered with another question. "Does it entail letting yourselves be ruled by fickle emotions? Not in my book. Our squad's mission is to keep this stupid kid far out of harm's way. Even if it costs our lives." I gritted my teeth in anger and confusion.

'I thought our mission was to discover and map new locations of the outside world! Not to protect Eren!' I took a deep breath to calm myself 'At this rate I won't be able to kill him easily. I could get caught...or I might not even be able to live because of that titan!'

"We'll continue fleeing on horseback. Got it?" Levi finished.

"Yes, sir!" Petra replied almost immediately after he finished.

"Continue fleeing? Where in the hell to?!" I finally spoke, yelling in confusion. Eren was about to ask the same question too, but I spoke louder. "Especially when it's right behind our asses!"

"Again!? The reinforcements! If we don't help, they'll get wiped out like the others!"

"Eren! Eyes forward!" Gunther scolded him.