Chapter 14: A Dare

Mikha's Pov

"How's school?" Mom asked me.

Yes, I'm here in our house. I decided to visit my mom since it's the weekend. I missed her so bad, especially dad. We haven't really seen each other for months because I'm busy in school, while they're busy with work. But they don't forget to check on me which makes my heart flutter every time.

"It's okay. My grades are fine." I replied and proceeded to eat.

Mom cooked carbonara and fried chicken. It's my favorite and it always tastes better when mom is the one who cooks it. She knows how much I love pastas and chicken.

What I love about her and dad is that both of them don't pressure me when it comes to academics. Me and my brother are lucky to have them.

She nodded. "How about? How are you?"

Oh. That question. I immediately stopped chewing the food inside my mouth. I mean I know that mom will ask me that, but I'm not ready to answer it now. I always show her the happy and jolly side of me. I don't want them to worry and as much as I can, I always try to keep it to myself.

Am I good? Am I doing just fine? I don't know. Things are heavy right now. It feels like I'm on the edge of the cliff and I'm just barely holding onto it. It's like I'm just barely surviving.

I smiled at her. "I'm doing great mom."

I lied to my mom and what's worse is that I lied to myself as well. I guess I just have to pretend that I'm doing great, because that's what we all do right? We always pretend.

Mom stood up. My eyes automatically followed her. Where is she going? She literally left me here. Wow ah. I just proceeded to eat my meal. Duh! I miss this so bad. I haven't eaten this for months.

"Hindi naman halatang miss mo luto ko?" Mom came back. I almost dropped the fork I'm holding because I got shocked.

"Nope, mga 99.9% lang." I joked and It made mom chuckle. I miss saying corny jokes and nonsense things to her. It's been awhile.

"Open it when you're ready." She handed me a gift. It's a small red box. I wonder what it is. I wanted to open it so bad but mom said that I'll open it when I'm ready. Well I feel like I'm not ready to open it, I'm just curious about it.

We're done eating and I'm just fixing my things so that I can go home. I can't stay here for long since classes will start again in a few days. How I wish I could spend more time with my mom.

"Mom I'll go na! See you when I see you!" I waved my hand before leaving.

_______________

"How the heck did you get inside?!" I exclaimed as I saw my friends inside my condo. What the hell? I didn't even give them spare keys. Of course I would not! They'll probably destroy my house!

Colet chuckled and showed me a spare key. What?! How did she get that? Damn! Don't tell me she snatched the key from me and she made herself a spare key of my condo. Wow! Nice move there Nicolette. Yari ka talaga sakin.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked as I put my things on the couch.

I don't want my condo to be our tambayan. It's already messy, what more if lagi kaming nandito? Baka maging gubat na ang kalat.

"Nothing? Are we not allowed?" Maloi responded. Yes, because no pets are allowed here.

"Yes. I can sue you for breaking into my place without my permission." I seriously said to threaten them.

I pointed to Colet. "And you for snatching my key."

"Do it then." They just laughed. I facepalmed myself. Of course, why would they be scared of me? They know that I will not do such things. But If I can? Lol baka 5 years na silang nakakulong.