Chapter 29: Upside Down

Aiah's Pov

We're here at Gwen's condo. It's her pet birthday. We do this every single time. We would always cook for our pets, especially on their special day. I know it's simple, but it's a way of showing them how much we treasure and love them. It's also a once-a-year event, so why waste the opportunity to celebrate their special day in a simple way?

"Finally, it's done!" Gwen exclaimed as she sat on the couch. We have decided to design her living room a little for the birthday celebration.

"Sky!" I called as I snapped my fingers to get his attention. He quickly ate the treats that I was holding. Well, that was fast.

Hays, I miss my pet, Ling. It's been months since I've seen him since he's in Cebu. I've decided to take him home since I don't have the time to take care of him. He might get skinny or sick because I don't monitor him that often, as I'm getting busy with the things I do in school. I'm surely going to get him when the holidays come.

"You miss Lingy no?" Gwen asked while smiling at both of us. I carried Sky; he was so behaved unlike, my Lingy. But I still love him.

"Super. I wish he could be here to celebrate Sky's birthday too." I said while looking at Sky. He's so adorable. My pet fever is increasing once again.

Sheena and Stacey have pets too. Actually, all of us decided to get pets since we've been alone in our condo since our high school days. We always had time for them back then, unlike now that we're super busy. Well, my friends get their pets from their parents since they live here in Manila. They often see them. While me? Hays nevermind.

"Make sure he'll be here when Cloud's birthday comes." Stacey reminded me while raising her brows. Ling will probably be here by that time.

Me and Sheena decided to play with Sky while Gwen and Stacey went out to get the food they had reserved. I've told them to reserve since it's quite a hassle if we cook. We don't have much time for that.

"I wonder if Colet and her friends have a dog too." Sheena said while doing a belly rub with Sky. I also wonder about that. I mean, maybe they also bought pets since they live alone too. Well, when I first got into Mikha's condo, there were no pets at all. Maybe she doesn't have one? I don't know.

"Ask her then." I responded.

I'm sure Sheena just wants Colet to be here. I don't know what their deal is, but I just know they'll end up being together. I think Colet is a good person naman, so I doubt that she'll hurt Sheena. I'll be her number-one enemy if she does that.

"I already did." She said while smiling. Sus, kinikilig na naman 'to.

"Nice move there, huh?" I teased her. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Ask Mikha too." She commanded.

I raised my brows. "Huh? Why would I do that?"

"Why would you even ask that? Don't you want to invite her too?" She asked. See? I've told you that she just wants to invite Colet and her friends. I don't think she's curious or interested in knowing if they have pets or not; she just wanted them to be here.

"You already asked Colet, right? I'm sure she's going to bring her friends as well, so I don't need to ask Mikha anymore." I responded. I'm right naman diba? I mean, Colet will not come here without her friends. She'll put herself in a complicated situation because Stacey and Gwen, especially me, are going to ask her many questions between her and Sheena.

"Ask her pa rin. It's different when you're the one asking her." She winked at me. Baliw.

Well, I decided to follow what Sheena said. I'm just gonna text Mikha since I'm too shy to call her. Her friends might tease us if I call. I think it's more fun if Mikha and her friends are here. Besides, we're all friends already, so there's no awkwardness or whatsoever.