New watchings (chapter 14)

A/n- here's a chapter ! Enjoy :)

Hassan was sent back , you were now sitting in the back of a humvee with soap and ghost. Graves and Alejandro were busy bringing Hassan back. Graves left you with 141 for a few , you didn't know when he would get back but you trusted 141. Even ghost. You looked up at ghost and he glared at you before sighing.
'' so graves left us to baby sit ey?.''
Ghost spoke as he looked down at you.
'' im part of the team , im a shadow.''
You looked at him.
'' were bringing you back to base and you staying with us until we get more info about this.''
Soap spoke as he started to drive off , the humvee engine rumbling to life more as he drove.

You didn't understand why graves had left you with people you just met but you didn't really didn't mind it. You looked out the window and sighed , often looking back at soap as he was driving and you looked at ghost , studying  his mask trying to get a read on what he possibly might be thinking or feeling.

Ghost stood with a stoic look and kept a dead look in his eyes , ghost was very quiet and kept to himself but as soap had told you , he's like this with everyone. Your thoughts wandered back to graves. You didn't know what hasssn had meant by graves possibly being part of a terrorist organization. He was your father but most of all he was command in this situation. Everything could collapse and you could possibly be put into foster care.

You didn't want that.

You fiddled with one of your best straps as your anxiety's rised and your thoughts started to spiral. You could feel your breath hitch in your throat and your body felt cold. You grew restless and your leg started to bounce as you had a nervous habit of doing that and you looked around until you were broken from your thoughts by a deep British voice.

"What you doin on the feild , kids aren't meant for things like this."
Ghosts began sternly yet quietly  as he examined you head to toe , noticing how you were nervous.
You looked up at ghost you hesitated to answer.
" you were very confident in Shit talking back there , what's got you quiet now?"
Soaps Scottish voice rang out as he looked at you in the rear veiw mirror and he held a smirk on his face.

" is the commander a terrorist? Like what that bald fucker said...he referred to something about graves..."
You asked randomly quietly as you looked at soap.
" that wasn't the question , what are you doin on the feild"
Ghost spat in a low tone , he wasn't asking anymore.
You looked down at your feet , reverting your gaze and you bounced your leg a little more as you grew more nervous. Ghost let off a deep sigh and he kept looking at you.

" your nervous."
Ghost said flatly causing you to look up at him.
"I'm thinking...also my situation is none of your concern."
You blurted.
" I think it is , your under our protection currently and in our watch so it is damn well our bloody business to know why a child is here."
He hissed , his dark eyes peircing through yours as you now made eye contact. You felt like he could see through you , you get like glass. Like prey against predator.

" it's a long story alright."
You excused.
You didn't want to tell him that graces was your father . You didn't want him to know about your time that you were on the streets, you weren't comfortable with letting them know but you also didn't want to potentially put yourself into a vulnerable situation.
"Tell me-
" ghost leave the kid alone , she's just a kid...."
Soap snapped in a low tone causing ghost to glare at him.
" that's the bloody issue."
Ghost snapped back before looking back down at you.

You stood quiet and didn't answer and before ghost could get out another word soap let off a sigh as he read a message on his wrist watch from price.

'Price here , I've gotten notice from graves and seems the mission on hand is going to be linger then expected. Kid was stuck with graves but now is stuck with you boys for the  time being. Can't leave her stranded so you'll be watching over her for the time being. We'll get more info on what's happening with Hassan and then see from there'

-price

" ghost , kids stuck with us for the week..."
Soap announced and ghost snapped his head towards soap. Ghost let off a deep sigh and turned to you. You replayed soaps words in your head and your eyes wandered over to ghost and then soap.
" What do you mean ? Where's the commander?."
You questioned with a confused look.
You didn't know what was happening and the lack of info and communication pissed you off.
You looked at ghost and your eyes narrowed, you mixed emotions about everything.This was supposed to be a simple mission but turns out there's more to it.

For one simple mission to another's doom , to one's despair and to one's gloom.