Story 9: Sibling Swap: "The Tomorrow we Created Today."

- Toya and Mizuki siblings
!!AU: Mizuki is 14 and Toya is 17, Last name is Aokiyama, IN THIS AU MIZU IS TRANSITIONING FROM MALE TO FEMALE SO ILL CALL THEM A MALE AT TIMES EVEN THOUGH THEIR GENDER ISN'T CONFIRMED!!!

- Elementary School Entrance -
(Little Mizuki's POV)
(Little Mizuki, Little Toya)

"Big brother, I'm scared! What if the kids bully me?"

I had tears in my eyes, I held onto my older brothers hands as if my life depended on it.

"Hey, don't be scared Mizuki." Toya crouched down so we were face to face, "If thoes kids bully you tell them you have a scary big brother, who'll beat them up!"

I giggled slightly, "okay! Thanks Toya!" I wiped my eyes with my sleeve, and put a smile on my face.

"You can do it!"

I waved to my older brother as I walked through the door to my new school, knowing Toya was there to protect me always.

- Aokiyama Household, 7 years later -
(mizuki's POV)
(Mizuki, Toya, Mrs. Aokiyama)

"Kids, you should hurry your bus will be here soon."

"God mom, we know you've only told us about three million times!"

"I just don't want you to be late for the first day! Mizuki's starting middle school you know, so please take care of them."

I picked at my short dusty-pink hair. I was hoping to grow it out this year so it could be long and flowy, I stirred soggy pieces of cereal with my spoon looking at the unappetizing bowl set in front of me.

"mizuki! Did you hear me?! The bus is here honey."

"AHH" I scrambled to get out of my seat, I grabbed my backpack and shoes Toya was already at the door waiting for me.

"Bye! Have a great day!" Our mom kissed me and Toya on the cheek gently.

"Bye mom!" I called as I ran out the door. 

"So, excited Mizuki? First year of high school wow your so big." Toya teased as he ruffled my hair.

"God shut up, you sound like mom." I laughed a bit, pushing his arm away. Toya had already been at school for a week, I'd been sick so I missed it but that was okay.

Toya chuckled, smiling at me.

"Wow big bro! Your so handsome, I bet you get all the girls.

"Shut up." I saw a slight smile in the corners of Toya's mouth, we reached the bus and parted ways and I went in search for my friend Ena.

{Mizuki, Ena, Airi}

"Mizuki over here!" My friend Airi called, I saw her and Ena sitting next to each other on the bus, I took the seat across from them.

"How was your summer?"

"It was okay. How about you!"

I listened as Airi told me all about her summer, how she went on vacation and travelled I felt jealous of her, I hadn't done anything all summer. I saw Ena looking at at my hairclip.

"Mizuki... why are you wearing a hair clip? Isn't that like... for girls-?" Ena interrupted.

"ENA! Didn't you spend time with Mizuki over the summer? You guys are like best friends."

"No, I didn't. Is that wrong or something?"

"YES IT IS EN-"

"Hey, Airi. It's okay she didn't know. Ena, I'm trans."