Teach Me!

I snuck back to camp late at night, turning into morning as I slept a few hours. Those hours filled with shadowy nightmares. A presence hovered over me, one of evil, hatred, anger. It made my hands shake and my heart race.

"Rise and shine darlings! Before we're kidnapped again." Astarion called out chipper. Stretching his arms as he met me with a smile as I sat up, brushing my hair and packing for the day. "What will the day bring us I wonder."

"Answers hopefully." I sighed as we set on the path ahead. If I remembered correctly, or at all, we should find someone else pretty soon. Before I knew it Astarion held up a hand making us stop.

"Do you hear that?" He asked quietly.

"Hello? Anyone there? Can you hear me?!" A voice called out from the distance. We followed the sound to see a hand sticking out of a portal, the voice coming from inside. "Anyone? Can you lend a hand?"

I grabbed it, Astarion hissed "careful! We dont--" but I had already yanked him through.

"It's okay. He's nice." I smiled at him as the magician stood up straight with a big smile.

"That is correct! Thank you friend for helping me out of that. It was getting rather drab in there. The names Gale!"

"Not again" I groaned as I had to grab my head from pain as Gale's movie played for me. His curse, his ex, his love for magic and helping others.

"What the hells was that? You were on the ship too?" We all nodded.

"Is that what you guys see to? The ship?" I pretended to be cool about it, to try and confirm my suspicions as they all just nodded. Either they're lying as well or my visions are honestly just different.

"Do you guys mind if I join your party? Gale smiled brining me back to focus.

"We could always use a wizard in the party."

"How'd you know?" Gale raised an eyebrow. I pointed to his staff attached to his back. "Ah! Yes! That does give it away doesn't it?" He laughed.

"You wouldn't have any leads as to how we get rid of these damnned tadpoles do you?" Shadowheart asked him making him frown and shake his head.

"Sadly not, but I'm just as eager to get rid of them as you."

"Then let's get moving shall we?" Astarion had on a fake smile, but it still made my heart skip a beat.

My stomach grumbled, "we should probably hunt for dinner tonight. There's no food back at camp." Shadowheart reminded us.

"Ugh, I'd rather just rob someone. I'm not good at hunting." I grumbled.

Astarion grinned, "now that sounds like fun."

Shaddowheart crossed her arms and pouted. "Absolutley not, we'll just go back to camp and hunt there. I saw plenty of tracks in the area."

"Splended! Then I can get settled in, being stuck in a portal sure makes the body stiff ya know!" Gale laughed trying to break the wierd vibe.

"Let's head back then" I nodded as we found our way back to camp. Gale set up his area before him and Asterion went off together to hunt, mainly so Gale could make sure Asterion didn't rob anyone. Shadowheart left on her own and I was in charge of watching the camp. As soon as everyone left I went off to my secluded area to train again. I worked out again and fought through the soreness as the sun began to set. Then I got my dagger out and trained with it, taking my confusion and frustration out of the poor trees that hid me from the surrounding forest. Who am I? What am I? Are these memories the tadpoles, or are they mine? "Aahhh! What's wrong with me?!" I screamed in frustration as I went to swing my dagger behind me, but Astarion grabbed my hand, stopping the dagger just in time as it barely pricked his skin. A single drop of blood gathered from it.