A Search for Halsin

Nettie was kind and spoke with confidence about her healing powers. "Although, we don't need just any kind of healing." I hinted to her. She cooked an eyebrow at us. "We have mindflare tadpoles in us."

"Oh, in that case you'll need to keep traveling. The only person who can help you is Master Halsin. But he never returned from the goblin camp just to the west of here. And we don't have the numbers to go and save him."

"So you expect us to be able to do that?" Astarion sassed.

"It's our only lead Astarion. Would you rather turn into a mind flayer?"

He crossed his arms and pouted, "no, I do rather quite enjoy my current looks."

"Then we're off to a goblin camp." I said pointing west. We headed out with the sun still high in the sky.

"Has anyone ever been to a goblin camp?" Gale asked.

"I don't like goblins. They're very dirty creatures. They do however, know how to party."

"I fear the dangers of our group in a place like that." Shadowheart sighed distastefully.

"I think we could all use a bit of fun. God's knows I do most of all. I've had enough near death experiences this past week to last me a life time." I smiled playfully as we traveled, talking to Gale about his knowledge on my rare, mixed species. Not a lot was known and he asked me all kinds of questions jotting down notes about how my magic worked and felt.

Eventually the greenery turned gray and black, bushes and trees burned to cinders. Ash covered the ground below us as we approached the large front gates. An animal and a goblin stopped us, "State yer' buisness!"

My tadpole wiggled in my head making me stand up straight. "Do you realize who your talking to? Know your place in the face of a True Soul." I looked down my nose at him making him bow.

"Apologies madam. I didn't mean nothin by it! Please go in with your guests, enjoy the finery from the successful raid."

I tossed my hair over my shoulder before walking in, Astarion whispering over my shoulder, "what, was that?" He asked with a smile.

"Our ticket out of here in one piece. Everyone just play along and leave it to me." They nodded as our parasites wiggled in excitement. We entered and were greeted with mugs of ale and wine, roasted pig by the chunk as the goblins danced, a bard telling a story on a stage  as we walked past, going inside the actual base of the camp in an abandoned castle on the verge of breaking down.

Any goblin who looked at me and could sense my tadpole bowed down to us and left us alone. All I had to do was bleed confidence and keep my chin up high. Honestly, I liked the feeling it gave me. How it looked on me. We heard screams coming from upstairs.

"Let's take a look shall we? Maybe that's just who we're looking for." Astarion raised an eyebrow.

"Nettie did say he might be a prisoner." I nodded as we went up for a look. We found a prisoner being tortured for information. "I don't know where the hideout is! I swear!" The young man cried out.

"I'll take it from here." I commanded as I took the torture instrument. The goblin bowed and ran out leaving just the party and the lad. "Do you know where Halsin is?" I asked him as I helped him get down.

"He's at the back of the castle in a cage. He's stuck in his bear form I'm afraid." The lad bowed in thanks before running off back to the cove.

"Great the very very back. And did he say a bear?" Astarion's sass came out to play.

"What do you say, fearless leader? Do we venture forth?" Shadowheart looked at me. I leaned over the railing looking down at the camp. Then back towards where he said Halsin was.