We Got Lost

We were given a moon blessing before we left the Last Light Inn. It protected us from falling to the shadow curse if we ever had to step into the darkness.

"So, tell me about youselves." Halsin smiled, "I'd like to get to know you guys better."

"Oh, well it's pretty simple, Gale is a wizard with a goddess ex girlfriend. Lay'zel and Shadowheart keep to themselves but have their own personal quirks that make them good company. Astarion is a vampire spawn but don't worry, he won't bite."

"Not unless you ask." He teased.

"And what about you fearless leader?" He grinned as he looked me up and down.

"She's an Enchantress." Gale said gleefully as he checked the map.

Halsin raised an eyebrow, "half siren, half wizard." I informed him, consern crossed his face.

"That sounds like a deadly combination."

"Oh it is, it's such a beautiful sight to see her kill." Astarion smiled as he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Only to those who need killing to be precise. I'm not stone cold." I assured Halsin.

"You were impressive at the Goblin camp. And you were kind to everyone at the Cove."

"Everyone shut up!" Shadowheart waved us off as she ran to a plaque on a broken statue. "I know where we are." She said softly, "I can feel my Lady's presence."

"Your lady? As in your lover? Color me impressed." I looked around, but it was a ghost town. Broken down buildings long been deserted. Wildlife had taken over and grown on almost everything. Skeletons here and there showing just how long it had been since there was life around.

"No you idiot. Lady Shar." She sighed as she pointed North, "there's a temple just ahead, please we must go!"

"So you're a deciple of Shar. Why am I not suprised? You do seem like a little lady of darkness." Astarion teased at her making her angry but I was just confused. I looked back and forth between them.

"She's a goddess of loss. But where there's pain, there's light. There's a point in all that we suffer through." Shadowheart corrected.

"I'd like to disagree" Astarion and I said in unison.

"Maybe it'll help point us to the towers. Lead the way Shadowheart." I motioned for her to lead as we followed. The abandoned town constantly reminded me of the hideout I was stuck in my entire life. It gave me goosebumps on my arms and the back of my neck. One hand was constantly on my dagger still strapped onto my outer thigh.

Astarion put his hand on my side, the part that hurt making me take a deep breath in and take his hand off me. He looked hurt by the motion. "Are you alright darling?"

"Yeah, I'm just on edge. That's all." I gave him a nervous smile to try and cover. Tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"This place is very creepy." He agreed, "but don't worry I have your back." He smiled at me making me smile back at him.

"Thanks, let's keep moving though, I want out of this place as fast as possible." We kept going. My side burning a little more than was comfortable. Was it part of the shadow curse? 

We approached a large set of iron gates that were locked. Astarion picked the lock in a matter of seconds opening it for us. "In we go," Astarion smiled pleased with himself.

They walked through the door as my feet were almost stuck. That bad gut feeling coming back.  "Guys, I-I think we should turn back."

"If you are having another one of your 'gut feelings' then ignore it!" Shadowheart snapped.