His Favorite Pet

------
The party surrounded (F/N), Astarion gritted his teeth before demanding, "DONT, touch her! If anyone else hurts so much as a single strain of hair on her head, I will kill you on the spot." He approached her slowly, picking her up like she was made of cracked glass. Holding her gently bridal style as he saw her chest rise as she breathed. He sighed in relief.

The fire from her grand scale attack spread throughout the cave. "It'd be best if we leave. Go back to camp." Lay'zel suggested they all began to rush back to their portal.

Astarion clutched (F/N) to his chest as they ran. Gale threw open the door as they all poured through it, landing on the ground as Gale erased the rune making the door dissapear. Astarion brought (F/N) to his tent and laid her in his bed. He dug through his things and found some healing potions he had stolen on the road, just in case. He lifted her head as he slowly poured the potion in her mouth bit by bit letting her drink it. Her body glowed showing the potion was working. Her cuts had stopped bleeding, the bruises on her face going away. Astarion could even hear some broken bones snap back into place.

"There you go, good as new, time to wake up now." He said nervously as he stroked her cheek gently. No response. "What else do you need?" Worry rose in Astarions voice.

"Rest. Lots of it," Gales voice startled Astarion as Gale stood at the entrance of his tent. "She was just beaten within an inch of her life, and had her magic drained from her twice. Not many can live through that."

"Live?" Astarion repeated, his eyes back to (F/N).

"Although our companion is a very different sort. With you by her side I'm sure she'll pull through just fine."

"But how long will this take?" He asked Gale. Gale shrugged.

"Depends on how much magic she had. And how badly her mentality is broken. Could be days. Weeks. I could cast detect thoughts on her if you want, might give us a peek as what's going on in her head. What she needs."

Astarion shook his head, "no, she's been through enough. She'll probably wake by dawn." He said trying to convince himself.
-------
The being and I talked for a while, she was here to protect me. They are why my shape was changed, so he couldn't find me. So I had a chance to find who I really was. The being looked at me sadly,

"Killing him won't fully heal the deep wounds he left." They said, I nodded knowing deep down that would be true. "The same goes for Astarion. Youll have to lean on eachother to truly heal."
-----
"A-astari..." He shot up from slumber at the sound of her voice. Calling out to him.

"Yes darling, I'm here." She was still asleep, she was burning up, asleep for 4 days already and now a fever? What was he going to do? The parasite wiggled behind his eye sending him into slumber as well, to be a fly on the wall for what she was experiencing.
-------
I was in a void, trying to find a light as I ran for what felt like days. Orbs floated screaming memories at me.

"He'll never love you! No one will!"
"Look at you, ugly as the hells are hot!" His laughter filled the air, filled my head. I fell to my knees, ready to give up. There's no end.

A bright light shown, blinding me before I saw it. He stood there, smiling at me, "Astarion?" I wiped the tears away.

"Yes darling, I'm here." I ran to him, desperately reaching out to him but I couldn't touch him.

"Astarion! Please!" I shouted. Warmth spread throughout me. The void filled with fire. A figure appeard behind him making his hands glow red as he controlled Astarion like a puppet, drawing him away from me. "NO!" Desperate tears streamed down my face.

The master yanked Astarion to him, the fear in Astarion's eyes made my heart break. The master hissed at me "you don't have what it takes to free him from me."