The Truth Unfolds

"Halt, who goes there?" One commanded.

I stepped forward, "just some weary travelers looking for a healer." I smiled lieing our way inside.

The guard took of his helmet, his dark curly hair bounced on top of his head as he looked me up and down. "You don't look hurt."

My heart stopped. The world itself stopped. My breathing quickened. My vision felt hazy as I looked at his face. It hadn't changed. His mouth moved but I didn't hear what it said. Instinctively I reached back and grabbed Astarions arm tight.
-----
Once he took his helmet off she changed. She completely froze, the air felt cold. "I asked if you were hurt." He said as he looked at her.

"Sorry, she has trouble hea--" Astarion tried to help her lie but she grabbed his arm with a fierce grip. He looked down at it. Feeling her hand trembling, hells her entire body trembled. "(F/N)?"

She looked at his hand reaching out towards her, "(F/N) is it? Are you okay?" She looked back at Astarion, tears rising in her fear filled eyes. The parasite wriggled as it showed him her memory from before, the black tribal marks on his forearm as he forced himself on her. They matched the ones on the guards forearm. Same hand too.

"Don't" Astarion hissed as he yanked (F/N) behind him protectively.

"I'm sorry? I'm just checking on the--" Astarion cut him off again.

"Don't touch her." He warned.

"Is she contagious? Did the gnolls give her something?"

"We never said anything about gnolls" Lay'zel hissed as several people appeared and surrounded us.

"What is going on here?" Gale demanded an answer as the guard laughed and threw the helmet on the floor.

"Gentleman, our lost soul has finally come home. The fun's on me tonight....no, on her tonight." They all cheered, (F/N) went to grab her dagger but a rune appeared on the floor beneath her feet. The second her and Asterion weren't touching she dissapeard.

"NOO!" Astarion shouted but it was too late. She was gone, her dagger laid on the floor in her stead. He whipped back around but some of the guards were gone too. The rest called out a battle cry before attacking.
-------

I fell to the floor after teleporting. "Do you realize how long i looked for you?" His hand grabbed my hair as he lifted head off the floor. He laughed, "but then you just show up at front door! Just the way vermin do." He hissed before slamming my head into the ground.

"Ahh!" I cried in pain, I tried to get up with shaking hands but two pairs of hands grabbed me and flipped me over. "Let me go!" I cried out as I kicked and screamed but it was no use. They struck me and laughed as they began to tear apart my clothes before tieing my hands up onto some kind of standing alter. "You are going to tell me everything that happened. Where did you run off to you little cockroach?! And why in hells do you look like that?" He stood up angrily, "someone change her back, get rid of whatever magic changed her!" He walked away as more men approached me, casting so many spells that it caused me to black out.

--------
"Astarion you need to calm down! We can't find her if we don't rest!" Shadowheart pleaded with him.

The party was exhausted and hurting. Astarion gripped the dagger in his hand till his knuckles turned white. "It's almost midnight. We still can't find her!" Astarion hit a tree, scraping his knuckles bloody.

"Just a quick rest. Well find her in the morning. Gale needs to sleep in order to track her." She tried to comfort him, afraid of this side of her companion. She knew they had gotten close but she never would have guessed Astarion fell for (F/N) the same way she clearly fell for him.