Ch.7: the boy.

While Obi-Wan and Zara were observing the damage on the hyperdrive, Qui-Gon walked in, wearing a grey poncho and holding a brown one in his arm.

"The hyperdrive generator's gone, Master," Obi-Wan said.

"We can't do anything to fix it," Zara added, "we need to get a new one."

"That'll complicate things," Qui-Gon said. "Be wary: I sense a disturbance in the Force."

"I feel it also, Master," Obi-Wan said.

"Don't let them send any transmissions," Qui-Gon said. "Let's go, Zara," he added, passing her the poncho.

She quickly slipped it on.

"Alright," she said, "see you later, Obi-Ben." She smiled as a memory resurfaced. He rolled his eyes.

"We'll stay in contact," he said, as Zara patted his shoulder before following Qui-Gon off the ship.

Qui-Gon, Zara, JarJar, and R2-D2, the astromech, walked and rolled respectively through the desert, toward the village of Mos Espa.

"Dis sun doen murder to mesa skin," JarJar mumbled.

"That makes two of us," Zara said, wiping the sweat from her brow.

"Wait!"

They turned around and saw the Captain, followed by a handmaiden dressed in blue, walking towards them. They stopped walking and waited for them.

Zara's eyes brightened when she noticed it was Padmé.

"Her Highness commands you to take her handmaiden with you," Panaka said.

Zara nodded slightly to herself. This Padmé definitely wasn't the queen. It would be idiotic to send the Queen on errands on a planet ruled by gangsters, such as the Hutts.

"No more commands from Her Highness today, Captain," Qui-Gon said. "The spaceport is not going to be pleasant."

Qui-Gon was about to turn around but was interrupted by Panaka saying: "The queen wishes it. She's curious about the planet."

Qui-Gon sighed.

"This is not a good idea," he said.

Qui-Gon started walking. "Stay close to me," he told Padmé.

And they were off, towards the small town, walking through the sandy dunes while the rays of sunlight crashed against their skins.

They finally reached the town and were observing their surroundings.

While JarJar and Padmé looked around, having never seen a place such as this, Qui-Gon seemed to be the most serious, making sure there wasn't any danger and looking for someplace to find their missing hyperdrive. Zara, on the other hand, was observing the food stands and houses.

"Most of these houses are moisture farms," she told her companions, "they have systems that condensate water vapor into liquid water, and then they sell it or use it for themselves."

"There's also some indigenous tribes and scavengers," Qui-Gon stated, "the few spaceports like this one are havens for those that don't wish to be found."

"Like us," Padmé said.

They kept walking.

"Dissen berry berry bad," JarJar said. "Oh!" he shouted, making Zara turn around, "Icky icky goo!"

Zara grimaced, disgusted, and turned back around.

Qui-Gon looked around and said: "We'll try one of the smaller dealers."