Ch.11: Coruscant.

"Coruscant," said the pilot, "the entire planet is one big city."

Anakin nodded. 

"There's Chancellor Valorum's shuttle," Zara said, looking down through the glass.

"And look over there," the pilot said, "Senator Palpatine is waiting for us."

The ship settled down onto the floating landing platform. Zara led Anakin down the ramp, after Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, the queen, and her court. 

"It is a great gift to see you alive, Your Majesty," Senator Palpatine said. 

Qui-Gon placed his hands on Anakin's shoulders.

"With the communications breakdown, we've been very concerned," the Senator continued. "I'm anxious to hear your report on the situation."

Anakin caught Padmé's eye, who smiled at him. Zara also sent the young handmaiden a smile.

"May I present Supreme Chancellor Valorum," Palpatine said. 

"Welcome, Your Highness," said the Chancellor, "it's an honor to finally meet you in person."

 "Thank you, Supreme Chancellor," said the Queen.

"I must relay to you how distressed everyone is over the current situation," Valorum continued. "I've called for a special session of the senate to hear your position."

"I'm grateful for your concern, Chancellor," said the Queen.

The Senator, the Queen and her court started walking forwards towards a shuttle. The Chancellor and the three Jedi stayed behind.

"There is a question of procedure," Palpatine sad, "but I'm confident we can overcome it."

"I must speak with the Jedi Council immediately," Qui-Gon said, turning to the Chancellor. "The situation has become much more complicated."

Just then, Anakin realised the Jedi weren't with him. He spun around, confused. Padmé called for him and Qui-Gon gestured for him to go with the Queen.

He sat down in the shuttle beside JarJar, who said: "The queen's bein' grossly nice, mesa tinks. Pitty hot.", as the shuttle left the landing pad.

- - - 

"-he was trained in the Jedi arts," Qui-Gon said, as he, Zara and Obi-Wan stood in the middle of the circular Jedi Council room. "My only conclusion can be that it was a Sith lord."

"Impossible," said Master Ki-Adi-Mundi. "The Sith have been extinct for a millenium."

"I do not believe the Sith could have returned without us knowing," said Master Windu.

"Ah," said Master Yoda, "hard to see, the dark side is."

"We will use all our resources to unravel this mystery," said Master Windu. "We will discover the identity of your attacker. May the Force be with you."

Obi-Wan and Zara bowed before turning to walk away from the Council room. They turned around at the exit when they noticed that Qui-Gon hadn't moved.

"Master Qui-Gon," Master Yoda said, "more to say, have you?"

"With your permission, my master," said Qui-Gon, "I have encountered a vergence in the Force."

"A vergence, you say?" said Master Yoda.

"Located around a person?" Master Windu said.

"A boy," said Qui-Gon. "His cells have the highest concentration of midi-chlorians I have seen in a life-form. It is possible he was conceived by the midi-chlorians."