Chapter 39

Lizzy pov
As he hugged me behind,  I felt this sudden shock all over my body as my heart kept thumping fast.
I couldn't sleep, I could smell the sweet smell coming from him, and my head kept playing tricks with me.
I kept thinking till dawn approached, my alarm rang, and I shut it down quickly so it wouldn't wake him up. It's Time to leave, I don't want him to know I'm leaving by the time he wakes up I'm gone.

I slowly freed myself from his embrace, I left the bed without making any noise. I quietly packed my bags and went to the bathroom to have a quick shower. After dressing up I carried my bag to leave, before leaving I left a note for him. Now how will I convince the receptionist to let me pass without waking him up?
I pray she buys my story.

I walked to the receptionist's table, I am leaving I told her.

Okay, I thought you were with someone.

Yes

Is he not leaving too

Yes but later, he's sleeping and needs no disturbance.

Okay, so who's paying the bills

I am, I said and handed her my credit card.

She collects and swipes it before giving it back, sign her before you leave.

Okay, I signed it before leaving.
Glad she bought my lie, I heaved a sigh of relive as I entered the taxi taking me to the airport.

Hunter pov
I woke up, I noticed she was gone. Shit not again, I said smashing my hand on the wall. Just then I saw a note on the table, I picked it up and read through it. " if you're reading this, I've been gone for a long time, don't look for me I'm safe wherever I am, Elisabeth ".

Even if you run to the end of this world I'll find you, I said and tore the note into pieces.  I walked into the bathroom to have a shower, I put on my clothes after minutes of showering and walked out of the room.

At the reception,  I gave the receptionist the key and left the hotel.

Daniel pov.

I woke up, I scanned the whole room it didn't look like mine. I tried to stand up but my head hurt making me fall back as I cried in pain.
Yvette walked in holding a glass of milk.

Take this it will make you feel better, she said and gave it to me.

I took it,  confused about how I got here, I gulped down the whole drink and felt a little better. She was right. I feel better I said as last night's memories came flashing back.

After Hunter chased after my sis, I went back to the bar to drink, I got drunk, and I couldn't hold my excitement and called her to tell her to come or else I would do something bad to myself, what I remember next was passing out in her arm when I saw her.

If you feel better you can leave, she said bringing me out of my thoughts

I'm sorry

For what

For last night's stress.

You don't have to,  let's take it as helping a friend.

Not only that I want to apologize for everything and to tell you I'll make sure my father pays for his crime.

Thank you for your help, but I don't need it,

I know you hate me, I was also involved in your dad's death. What will I do to earn your forgiveness?

Just disappear, she shouted, every time I see I remember everything and it hurts so much.

I'm sorry

Sorry can't do anything, please just leave

I will, but I won't stop trying to make things right. I stood up and left the room, I made my way out of the house.

The ride home kept me thinking if I hadn't accepted my dad's assignment things wouldn't have gotten this way.
I arrived home, I went to my room and fell on the bed.

Yvette pov
As he left I fell on my knee and cried, why can't I stop loving him? I was scared when he called last night threatening to cause harm to himself. I don't want to lose him but I can't bear to see him.
Lily came to hug me, what should I do I asked her.  I still love him, I can't get over him.

Give him another chance, his father was the mastermind he was only blinded by the love he had for him that he did see he didn't see how evil he was.

You're right, I wipe off my tears, I need time for myself to decide what I want.  Thank you, I said and hugged her
Will you accompany me there is someone I want to pay a visit to.

Of course.

Let me go get my bags first.

What about your baby is he coming too?

No, he will be fine with his nanny.
Give me a second I'll be back.

Okay

I walk back holding my bag, let's go I signal to her as we both exit the house.

We arrive at the police station where Veronica was held. We walked in and asked to see her, one of the officers took us to the waiting room and we waited patiently for her arrival.
She came into sight with cuffs on her hands being dragged in by an officer. Her face was bruised, it seemed she was given a good beating which she deserved for murdering two people in cold blood, one was her supposed best friend, l wanted her to feel what she made pass through.

What are you two doing here, she scoffed as she sat in front of us. Are you here to laugh at me or see me beg for messy

She hasn't changed, after all the beating,  her pride will take her nowhere.
No, I'm not here for that, I said.

Lier, she shouted. You can deceive others, not me.

Think whatever you want,  just here to tell you our mother is dead.

She started laughing like a maniac, now she's dead I won't share her with you again. Ever since she married your father, you stole her love, now she's gone, she deserves it for choosing you.

You are crazy, your mother died and you don't feel anything, you're evil.

You two made me what I become,  she laughed 

You know what you deserve this place, I pray you rot here, Lilly let's go I signal to her as we stand to leave.

If I ever get out of here I'll make you pay, I held her scream as we walked away.

Outside the station, I couldn't help but cry, she's so heartless I said as Lilly consoled me. Our mother died and she didn't feel remorse,  she's so evil.

She doesn't deserve your tears, don't waste them on her, this place she is is what she deserves. Let's just go home.

You're right, let's go.