chapter 22

Daniel Martinez

Daniel, Daniel, I heard someone calling my name, I woke up. My eyes were blurry, I rub my eyes with my hand to get a clear picture of who was standing in front of me. My little sister stood in front of me, she smiled at me.

Lizzy, I called her name.

Big Brother, you slept outside.

I look around, I noticed I was by the pool. What time is it, I asked.

7 am, she answered.

Fuck, I'm late for an appointment. I pick up my keys and stood up. Lizzy, tell mom and dad I won't be joining for breakfast.

Okay, she frowned.

Don't be sad, I'll visit again or you can come to visit me.

she giggled, I can come to visit you?

Yes.

I'm so happy

I see you again but right now I'm in a hurry.

Okay, bye, see you soon.

I opened my car, entered the driver's seat, and drove off.

Yvette Robert POV
I felt a hand on me, I opened my eyes, Dad!, I sat up and hug him as tears fell from my eyes. You are not dead, I taught  I've lost you forever.

What are you blabbing, how can I be dead when I'm here with you.

I hug him tighter, I'm happy you are here with me.

Enough of the drama, your mom is waiting for us downstairs, she asks me to wake you up.

Surprised" mom?.

Yes, of course, wait why are you acting surprised, are you okay.

Yes, I'm fine, I'm just happy.

Good, change your nighties and come join us downstairs.

Okay, dad.

Now, can you let go of me before you squish me to death?

I'm so sorry dad, I'm just glad to see you. 

Fine, I and your mom will be downstairs waiting for you, he kissed me on the cheek and left the room.

I smiled, I stood up from the bed and walked into the bathroom.

Two minutes later
I walked out of the bathroom room with a towel tied to my body, I change into a set of comfy clothes.

I walked down the steps, the living room was empty. Mom, Dad, I called out their name.
I heard no reply, mom and dad, don't play a joke with me. I searched the whole house but I couldn't see them.  mom, dad, don't leave me I broke down in tears.

I woke up, it was just a dream, I sobbed.
It's all my fault, dad is gone, what was I thinking when I gave out the file. Why did life have to play a joke on me, I will never myself.

A knock came in, I sat up on the bed. Who is at the door, I said and cover my body with a duvet?

It's Carolina, may I come in.

Yes, I said feeling at ease.
She walked in, holding a pair of uniforms in her arms. 

Good morning miss Yvette, she greeted with a smile on her face. The master of the house asks me to give this uniform to you, he said you know what to do with them, she placed it on the bed and left the room.
I stood up from the bed, feeling bittered, what have ever done to deserve all this from him. First, he killed dad, secondly, he forced himself on me, now he wants me to be his maid. I regretted the day I knew and fell in love with him, I hate him.
I'll swallow my pride for now and do what he wants but I promise him one thing, I will surely have my revenge.

I walked into the bathroom with the uniform in my arms, I walked out a few minutes later fully dressed. IH my god this uniform is so short, I lamented as I looked at myself in the mirror. How does he expect me to wear this uniform that's so short?
I can't wear this, I said as I try to take it off when I heard footsteps approaching.
I panicked, who could that be, I stood still as I didn't know what to do next. The door opened, I held my breath as my heart continue to pump faster. The image that walked in became clear to me as I realized it was him, my worst nightmare, I shook in fear.
You don't look bad, he whispered into my ears as he get close to me, I shallow hard as my palm became sweaty.
Why are you doing this to me, I cried out in pain. I didn't know when those words escape my lips.
He frowned as grabbed me furiously. Don't you get it, I love seeing you suffer.
Hearing those words coming from him shattered my heart into pieces, why did I fall in love with this monster standing beside me. If only I knew how things will turn out, I would have never fallen for him.
Why, why? I said and broke down in tears. Did you for once, love me or was it all part of your plan?.

You want to know the truth, then I'll tell you. I never once liked, I hated your guts, the way you treated me, I wanted to pay you back in full. Everything we share, to me, was all a joke, none of it was real.

Fine I heard everything, I know I was a plaything to you but to me, you were the best thing that ever happened to me. I gave you everything precious to me because I love you, I guess we were never meant to be together. I stood up and clean my tears" why am I still alive when what  I live for is all gone, I should just die so all my suffering will end. I turned and sighted the wall, I turned to face him and smiled in pain. I wish you'll get all your heart desires when I'm gone, I said and ran to the wall, I was about to hit my head when he grabbed me.

Who permitted you to die, he shouted angrily. How will I let you die when I've not tortured you to my heart's desire.

Let go of me, I screamed out as I struggled to free myself.

Stop being stubborn, I won't let you die, he said and held me more tightly.

Please, just let me end my suffering.

Seems I'm treating you nicely that's why you are thinking of killing yourself, I think I need to bring out another means of torture. He held me by my hair and drag me to the bed, he threw me furiously on the bed, I felt more scared.

Please, don't do this to me, I haven't recovered from last time, I pleaded in tears.

Shuu, he said shutting my mouth with a kiss, you don't have a say in how I punish you but you are lucky today, I don't feel like touching you but next time I don't think you will be this lucky, he said and stood up from the bed.

I have sigh with relief as I watched him storm out of the room.

Daniel POV
I stormed out of the room angrily, I banged the door hard and locked the door from outside.
I walked to the drink shelf and brought out a bottle of whiskey, I poured it into a glass and sip from it.
What did I just do, why am I being so heartless towards her? I've gotten all I wanted, why am I still torturing her.

I lied when I said everything we shared was nothing, I felt the chemistry between us even if I didn't love her that much. When did I become a monster, I don't why I keep doing all this to her, I can't let her go and I can't treat her nicely.

Wait, what if she tries to take her life again, oh no I didn't think of that. I quickly drank the last of the drink, I stood up from the seat and made my way to the room. I unlocked the door and went in, I met her fast asleep, I heave a sigh of relief, I'm glad she's okay.

I quietly climb on the bed to avoid waking her up, I knew if she sees me she would be so scared. I lay beside her as I watched her sleeping face, I noticed her eyes were all swollen. My eyes drifted to her body, I noticed how lean she has become, it was all my fault, I made her miserable. I stared once more at her face, I noticed the strain of hair block Sherri I slowly move it out of her face.
I continue to stare at her face, when everything is over I'll set her free. I need to leave the room before she walks up and sees me here, I don't want to see the terror in my face once she sees me. I stood up from the bed and walk out quietly.