Chapter 40( The End)

Nine MONTH LATER
YVETTE POV
It has been five months since Daniels's father and Veronica was sentenced to life imprisonment. Finally, everything is over, well the story grows sadder.

Five months ago was the final hearing from the court, the judge sentenced him to death, and his wife couldn't take it as she passed out which led to her falling into a coma for four months. I couldn't continue to be angry at Daniel, I forgave him, and we remain friends.

Lilly left to travel around the world with her newfound lover. Elizabeth since she left we've not heard from her, we kept sending her messages on social media to connect with her and tell her about her parents' passing. Well, I skipped some parts about his mother falling into a coma, two weeks ago she came out of the coma, and after saying her last word to her son and me she left to go. Her last word was for me to forgive him and be with him, I don't think that will happen, I've given the right to his child that's enough.

Daniel's father, after hearing of his wife's death. He committed suicide, so today I wore black to attend their burial.
Hunter, since Lizzy left I've not seen him either, but he was also invited I'm sure he will be present as we hope Lizzy will also be.

I left my house and drove down to the cemetery, everyone had already arrived.
I know you were going to come I said as I walked up to Lizzy.

Of course, I saw your message.

Wait, you're pregnant, is that why you left?

No, I just wanted to start over

How far are you gone?

Almost the due date.

I can't wait to be an aunt. I said as we both laughed. I think someone wants to speak to you I said as I saw Hunter approaching, I'll give you both space to talk things through I winked at her and walked away.

How are you keeping up, I asked Daniel.

It hurts seeing your both parents led to rest, he said in tears.

I hugged him, don't worry everything will be fine I said, and part his back

Thank you, I now know how you felt all those years, losing those you love. Have you seen my sister?

Yes, I notice she's heavily pregnant.

She refuses to disclose the father.

Look at them, I said pointing at her and Hunter in the corner, you could tell who the father was.

You're right, he said as he turned his gaze at them. The burial is over why don't we go get something to eat first before heading home?

Why not, let's go, I said and dragged him along.

Lizzy pov
As he walked up to me, I felt like disappearing. It's been months, I still can't get over him.

You are pregnant he said surprised.

Of course, I rolled my eyes, what do you want from me?