Homecoming

Steve Rogers

     He was coming back today and there was no way you could focus on what you had to get done knowing this. You paced and were on edge, even Tony's normal stupid attempts to make you jump and freak out worked. You were excited to see him back after a few weeks of being gone, "if you keep pacing like that you're going to make a hole" his voice startled you before you recognized it. Turning around thinking it was Tony again your eyes widened and you nearly jumped out of your skin "Steve!" you flung your arms around his neck and he laughed but held you tight against him. You were nearly in tears from the happiness you felt in this moment, "I missed you, I'm so happy to see you home safe" you mumbled into his neck "I missed you too, Princess." There were no words for this moment between the two of you but you couldn't stay like that forever and soon pulled away from one another. You couldn't believe that he was home but here he was standing in front of you that grin on his face making your knees weak. "You gonna stare at me or kiss me?" you chuckled grabbing his hand before he kissed you quickly afraid of being caught but an eye patch wearing man was already walking your way. "I was wondering what kept my assistant busy, nice to see you back, Soldier" Fury said before going on a tirade about how you needed to keep busy and all the normal stuff he complains about. You couldn't care less though because you had your man home! The day went by quickly now and by the time you two had gotten home you were both exhausted. You changed into your nightwear before flopping onto the bed and waiting for Steve to get in as well. Once he had you curled into his arms and smiled, you missed his warmth "I love you, goodnight Soldier" you muttered kissing his hand because you were too lazy to roll over and kiss his lips. "I love you too Princess, goodnight" he placed a light kiss you your shoulder before the two of you fell asleep peacefully in one anothers arms.

Tony Stark

      You worked hard with a few others to keep his business work under control and well organized while he was away, a fact he had told you he was very grateful for. "I think I'm done for the day!" you pushed away from the desk you sat in, one you occupied only while Tony was gone. You had been busy calculating numbers and statistics before writing all of that information down and organizing it to where he could look through it when he got back. You stretched before stepping into the hall, you were the only one left for the day and one of the only other people to be able to walk through Tony's workshop without an issue. You were mentally exhausted from the amount of math you had to do today alone but when you opened the door to the workshop to walk through it to the main house and saw his missing suit placed neatly back you forgot about being tired immediately. You wanted to run up those stairs and jump into his arms and tell him how much you missed him but you had to restrain yourself, you didn't need to boost his ego any higher by doing that now would you? You laughed at the thought as you finally stepped through that last door to face his bedroom door. You knocked but no sound "looking for something?" his voice startled you and when you whipped yourself around to face the smug man you noticed the bruises on his face and your once happy smile turned into a deep frown. He had a huge grin on his face and you flung yourself at him, you had to make sure he was real "I missed you too!" he laughed but you didn't. "You need to be more careful. . ." you sniffled trying not to cry "hey, I was, this could have been a lot worse had the guys not been there" that did not make you feel better but his arms around you did. "Didn't you miss me? I mean, of course you did! Who wouldn't?" you rolled your watery eyes "yeah, I missed you, you cocky prick" you joked about the last part. . .mostly. You did miss him though, you missed these moments "I love you, you know that right?" he whispered suddenly sounding very serious "I love you too, I know you do. What's eating at you now?" you held him at arms length while his eyes searched the floor for something to focus on other than your worried face. "We'll talk about it later, right now we should get some rest~" he winked after a moment of laughing "you're lucky you're good looking!" you smacked his arm playfully. "No luck needed for me, you should know that Dear" he wrapped his arm around your waist leading you into the bedroom for some. . .'rest'.