Last Chance!

When life gives you one last chance, give your best shot!

~some hours later, night, city, Evan's company~

Hayley's pov

Everything is amazing in here!

I can't stop admiring the big hall with marble floor in dark beige color, the tall in white and other bright colors walls, the massive columns, the huge candeliers with crystals and the elegantly decorated long tables with the buffet. The classic music completes the perfect result and everyone seems to enjoy the night and it has just gotten started.

"So? What do you say? Did Megan do a good job?" Claire asks me excited and I nod immediately.

"She should be an events' decorator, that's for sure..." I say and we start walking again, this time towards the main entrance.

Uncle Evan, Blaze and Becky are still there, as they need to greet the guests who keep on arriving the one after the other. Claire should be with them as well, but she wanted to give me a short tour of the hall while Kira, Megan and Mark are suppervising few last details before they come to join us.

Claire turns and gives me a big, bright smile. I can feel that my cheeks blush for a reason I can't explain, but when I look around me and spot some guests staring at me, I know...

Why are they looking at me like this?

Well, the good thing is that they don't know me, they know nothing about me and they don't look at me in a bad way, but still...

"Maybe because you are gorgeous tonight!" Haven states with pride in my head and I force myself to smile back to Claire.

"This dress was a fantastic choice. Silver color looks great on you, it matches with your eyes! And the necklace, well, it is as beautiful as mine!" Claire says, probably reading Haven thoughts and I roll my eyes shyly.

Maybe I am going to agree with them. I never thought I would look so pretty, but right now I begin to believe it. I feel so confident about my appearance for the first time in my life and I owe it to Claire, Becky, Kira and my dad, who else?

You see, Becky and Claire took me for shopping for tonight and it was Becky who saw it and asked me to try it. The truth is that I loved it immediately and when I put it on, I was speechless, but it was way too expensive and I didn't want them to buy it for me. And this is the point where my dad gets in the story. Claire texted him, sent him a photo of me in the dress and the rest is his job. He knew that I would never, ever accept them to buy it, so he went and brought it to me personally and we aren't done here, no.

He bought me something more and he also bought a similar one to Claire, a necklace for each one of us. Mine has a diamond in my eyes' color, it's a mix of green and grey, and Claire's has a rare color, light brown, it's stunning! He wanted to give us a small present, that's what he wrote in his letter, because uncle Evan gave it to us with the necklaces before we come here. He followed my dad's 'orders', he wanted to surprise us.

Moreover Kira helped me with my light makeup in natural tones and Claire took care of my hair. She decided that down in big culrs would be the best option, since the dress leaves a big part of my back exposed and she didn't want our dad having a heart attack. To be honest, it's not the only thing that it's revealed... I mean, it's sleeveless and the cut on my chest stops low, it's a lot for me, I am not used to it, and also the dress might reach my ankles, but it has a cut on the left side which reaches above my knee. That's too much!